• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New ground update?

of course you can make money from hospitality and events at Roots Hall - but you would have to

:: spend some money

:: have a vision

I would say RH is better positioned than an out of town lego place ..

we dont really need additional capacity we just need a bit of investment to build up what we have got and expand ...

its cute and quaint ... just how Ted Lasso like its

Thank you for your pointless post. A forum is a place for debate whatever it may be.
Thank you for belittling my post and calling it pointless. It is, however, obvious to me that the debate (note not peoples individual contributions) is pointless as there is zero chance of it happening.

Rather than playing the man, perhaps come back and argue the point, and explain to us why you don't think its pointless, and why you think there is a realistic chance of RH being developed for the stadium instead?

As there is zero chance of us redeveloping or remaining at RH it's all a pointless debate.
It’s not a zero chance thing, highly unlikely I agree but let’s say Ron-World collapses and SUFC go into administration etc then a new owner could be found who decided to spend on current ground (assuming they were able to purchase that too) rather than look to relocate. If that was their wish it is possible, not necessarily sensible or economical perhaps but it could be done with marginal investment or even with significant money if the desire was there

It’s not a zero chance thing, highly unlikely I agree but let’s say Ron-World collapses and SUFC go into administration etc then a new owner could be found who decided to spend on current ground (assuming they were able to purchase that too) rather than look to relocate. If that was their wish it is possible, not necessarily sensible or economical perhaps but it could be done with marginal investment or even with significant money if the desire was there
Ron world in terms SUFC and the development are two separate things. And the assets are all owned in RHL/Elounda LLC and they have up to date accounts and are sound. Even if Martin Dawn/SEL went it wouldn’t affect the stadium ownership/land ownership/ development entity.

The development itself has the billionaire Dellals on board and will happen even if the club went into administration. The stadium would be built as it’s the enabling project and a condition of the planning.

So I think a scenario where we end up long term (beyond 2-3 years) in RH let alone redeveloping it is now vanishingly small.

I think the idea of buying the club and having to stay in RH would make a sale considerably less likely as the club would be considerably less sustainable?

Last edited:
The situation at York City shows that a new ground and a change of ownership does not necessarily resolve underlying problems.

Clubs either need a sugar daddy, or to ensure that their income exceeds expenditure - likely by operating with smaller squads.
Quite straight forward spend less than your income. Agreed.

The situation at York City shows that a new ground and a change of ownership does not necessarily resolve underlying problems.

Clubs either need a sugar daddy, or to ensure that their income exceeds expenditure - likely by operating with smaller squads.

Tbf to York city.

As nice as it is to visit, it's never been a hotbed of football.

The crowds have increased marginally.

If you think about how bad things have been for us the last few seasons, and continue to be, it's remarkable that we have such excellent support.

With the right infrastructure, SUFC could be flying

Tbf to York city.

As nice as it is to visit, it's never been a hotbed of football.

The crowds have increased marginally.

If you think about how bad things have been for us the last few seasons, and continue to be, it's remarkable that we have such excellent support.

With the right infrastructure, SUFC could be flying
And without the right infrastructure, and without an owner who is as crafty/ downright corrupt as Ron, SUFC could go bust very quickly.

of course you can make money from hospitality and events at Roots Hall - but you would have to

we dont really need additional capacity we just need a bit of investment to build up what we have got and expand ...

It’s such a shame to lose the hall. At least it has character

Sadly i disagree. I love the hall with all my heart, but its a collosal t urd.

Would you book a room for a family members birthday, or consider it a place to entertain clients? Be honest.

Ive only been to the amex once, but its truly night and day in comparison.

Quite straight forward spend less than your income. Agreed.

“Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six , result happiness.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery”​

― Charles Dickens, David Copperfield

Reactions: TSG

“Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six , result happiness.​

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery”​

― Charles Dickens, David Copperfield

ridiculous ,,,,, I believe Wrexham posted an operating loss of around 3 million ....
BUT of course they have doubled or trebled the capital value of the club and built revenue streams that will deliver loadsa a money....

if you invest it may take several years to see profit ,,,,

Back