• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GNH @ April 30 2004,14:31)]How long before the KARERS come out of the woodwork again with their petitions/letters to the echo?
From the KARERS site :

MARCH NEWSLETTER

Fossetts Farm

It has been an extremely quiet this month. The results of the B&Q Public Inquiry will hopefully be known within the next couple of months.

I'm not sure that they'll be too happy with their hope ...

WS

I wonder if people posting comments on Karers message board would object if Canvey Island wanted to build a stadium on Priory Park whilt still keeping Park Lane for reserve games?

That is the type of scenario at Basildon with Billericay Town wishing to press ahead with the desecration of Gloucester Park - a place where thousands of kids and adults tran and play sports on every week - so that they can play their Ryman League games there in front of a couple of hundred people every fortnight.

There's a few of us completely opposed to this with some taking whatever action they can to counteract their application. It's for that reason, even though I want Soutend United to progress, I can see what Karers are trying to say and appreciate what they're trying to do.

Karers, as I'm sure the majority on here will concur, deserve a bit of respect for airing their views in a coheret and construcive manner and not the name calling some people think it's all they're fit for.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper Zoo @ April 30 2004,20:23)]Karers, as I'm sure the majority on here will concur, deserve a bit of respect for airing their views in a coheret and construcive manner and not the name calling some people think it's all they're fit for.
The problem is that they lost of lot of respect when Peter Bliss and his minions warned people living in the area around the proposed site that football fans would "urinate and defecate" in their front gardens if the new stadium got approved. This sort of scaremongering was somewhat excessive ... and certainly the last time I was in the UK, the area around Roots Hall seemed on the whole to be free from human effluence. Comments such as these do not, for me, constitute a "coherent and constructive manner" and I would think would be offensive to most if not all football fans.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper Zoo @ April 30 2004,20:23)]Karers, as I'm sure the majority on here will concur, deserve a bit of respect for airing their views in a coheret and construcive manner and not the name calling some people think it's all they're fit for.
You have good point Shrimperzoo, but I would make a few points in return:

1. Fossets Farm doesn't compare to Gloucester Park in utility or amenity.

2. It's going to be built on, it's just a case of deciding what is and isn't appropriate.

3. IIRC it wasn't us that was doing the name calling. The Karer's had some rather stereotyped views of the average footie fan, including the interesting idea that we would be cr*pping in their front gardens on a regular basis.

Having said all that I think that it is vital not to harrass, hound or gloat over the Karers. We have got what we want (we hope!) and they haven't and it is now time to start proving that we ARE NOT all the nasty things that they claimed we were. It would be worth at least trying to build bridges alongside the stadium ...
biggrin.gif

I believe, though, that strengthens what I say. Peter never spoke for the majority of people involved in Karers (indeed, he was given a real bollocking and a couple of very unsubtle threats for his actions by some within their group) yet what he said was taken as all of their views. Which was natural, of course, as he had taken it upon himself to speak to the media.

Fans that simply insult Karers sympathisers, I'm equally sure, don't speak for the majority of Southend fans that want progress. Yet there's always the risk that a local paper, who didn't think twice about putting our names through the mud so soon after the LDV Final, would jump onto these words and present it as the voice of Southend supporters.

I'm pleased that it looks as if FF is going through but I also think that we could take just a little of what Karers were saying on board. A well as prove we're bigger people than to just name-call.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper Zoo @ April 30 2004,21:26)]I believe, though, that strengthens what I say.  Peter never spoke for the majority of people involved in Karers (indeed, he was given a real bollocking and a couple of very unsubtle threats for his actions by some within their group) yet what he said was taken as all of their views.  Which was natural, of course, as he had taken it upon himself to speak to the media.

Fans that simply insult Karers sympathisers, I'm equally sure, don't speak for the majority of Southend fans that want progress.  Yet there's always the risk that a local paper, who didn't think twice about putting our names through the mud so soon after the LDV Final, would jump onto these words and present it as the voice of Southend supporters.

I'm pleased that it looks as if FF is going through but I also think that we could take just a little of what Karers were saying on board.  A well as prove we're bigger people than to just name-call.
Yes, always the potential for an "own goal". Just hope everyone holds the line and keeps the comments polite!

Has anyone ever been over FF? I have and it's nothing more than wasteland and a dumping ground. It doesn't even come close the Gloucester Park development which I'd probably object to if it were Southend, what this development will do is try and stop the rot of Southend turning into an even more scummier area than it is now.

There was a Southend greenpeace member on BBC Essex's 6 o-clock news talking about there being no grass left at FF after all the construction work.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper Zoo @ April 30 2004,21:26)]I believe, though, that strengthens what I say. Peter never spoke for the majority of people involved in Karers (indeed, he was given a real bollocking and a couple of very unsubtle threats for his actions by some within their group) yet what he said was taken as all of their views. Which was natural, of course, as he had taken it upon himself to speak to the media.

Fans that simply insult Karers sympathisers, I'm equally sure, don't speak for the majority of Southend fans that want progress. Yet there's always the risk that a local paper, who didn't think twice about putting our names through the mud so soon after the LDV Final, would jump onto these words and present it as the voice of Southend supporters.

I'm pleased that it looks as if FF is going through but I also think that we could take just a little of what Karers were saying on board. A well as prove we're bigger people than to just name-call.
Can you please quote what you feel are the insults on the Karers messageboard which have been posted since the news of the enquiry was announced?

Yes there is bragging but surely that is not cause for the concern, if you read previous Karers newsletters they themselves have bragged when they have had mini victories.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ May 01 2004,00:07)]Can you please quote what you feel are the insults on the Karers messageboard which have been posted since the news of the enquiry was announced?

Yes there is bragging but surely that is not cause for the concern, if you read previous Karers newsletters they themselves have bragged when they have had mini victories.
Indeed. The KARERS are somewhat adept at bragging in their newsletters, certainly more than a 13-year-old muffin boy on their message board ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andu @ April 30 2004,23:55)]There was a Southend greenpeace member on BBC Essex's 6 o-clock news talking about there being no grass left at FF after all the construction work.
Well that's wrong for a start - what does he think football pitches are covered with?

biggrin.gif

Next time I'm up I'll cr*p in their gardens as my own form of a victory roll..!
tounge.gif

Honestly though how in God's name did he come up with a completely ridiculous story that fans would be defecating in gardens. He must have been to some pretty strange sporting events in his time.
ghostface.gif

We don't even cr*p in gardens in Colchester when we go up there... and that's saying something!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 01 2004,10:12)]We don't even cr*p in gardens in Colchester when we go up there... and that's saying something!
We just cr*p all over the 11 men representing Colchester on the pitch  
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ April 30 2004,21:39)]what this development will do is try and stop the rot of Southend turning into an even more scummier area than it is now.
... and give Essex its first state of the art football arena.

Superb news, although 20,000 ? is that really wise, i loved the original 16,000 3 sided bowl and 2 tier (huddersfield type main stand) To be they seemed perfect and might be able to hold a good atmosphere.

I have no doubt we could attract much larger crowds than we currently house at RH but unless we really are in Div 1/2 then might be worth sticking to a 16,000 with additional expansion to say 25,000 if needed.

Totally made up, the news we have been waiting for a year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 02 2004,00:45)]Totally made up, the news we have been waiting for a year.
I think it's for real, FM. It's on the official website and many other reliable sources ...

WS

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ May 02 2004,11:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 02 2004,00:45)]Totally made up, the news we have been waiting for a year.
I think it's for real, FM. It's on the official website and many other reliable sources ...

WS

wink.gif
I think he meant 'totally made up' in the happy sense, not the incorrect sense didn't he?! ....
rock.gif

Einstein

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ May 02 2004,13:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ May 02 2004,11:08)]
[b said:

WS

wink.gif
I think he meant 'totally made up' in the happy sense, not the incorrect sense didn't he?! ....  
rock.gif

Einstein
Indeed Made up as in very happy, Although JS knew that !

biggrin.gif

Back