• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So people if you had the opportunity to design this new state of the art ground for us how would you go about it?

Personally, I would like it to be around the 15000 capacity mark with the ability to increase if need be, for starters.

I would like one end behind the goal to be terracing if at all possible.

One of the main stands to be two tiered, with executive boxes splitting these two.

All stands to have domed roofing using select materials which are proven to increase the acoustic levels.

No Posts or restricted view seating/terracing of any kind.

All stands to be as close to the pitch as technically possible.

The entire ground to be enclosed, ie. no gaps between stands in the corners.

At least one bar/food outlet in each stand.

Wide access in and out of the stadium and surrounding areas itself.

A club superstore.

Plenty of toilets, of decent standard.

A large ticket office.

A large on-site car park.

A couple of decent pubs around the vicinity of the stadium ( very important ).

A decent scoreboard.

Away supporters section to be tucked away in the corner somewhere.

A bus stop on or very near the site.

Thats about all i can think of at the moment!..

Anyone else think of additions to the list??!!..

rock.gif

biggrin.gif

Unfortunately it has already been stated that there will be no terracing at the new ground. Current FLA regulations don't allow it apparently ...

WS

So if you build a new ground it has to be an all seater arena??.

Dont agree with that at all.

What a terrible specification.

Ok, well i can handle the all seater thing as long as we are close to the action!.

smile.gif

Well, seating is deemed more safe than terracing.

Ive always liked the look of this stadium when ive seen it on telly, nice and compact, the same sort of size we are likely to have built and generates one hell of an atmosphere. Something along these lines will do me fine please uncle ron!.

Nice

I liked the look of the original plans that were drawn up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Nov. 08 2004,20:15)]I liked the look of the original plans that were drawn up.
I couldn't agree more!

When the plans were hanging from the wall inside the Roots Hall reception, It was an interesting read.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Nov. 08 2004,20:02)]Well, seating is deemed more safe than terracing.
I disagree. Terracing is only unsafe when you have police lines pushing you in, and when you have greedy bosses, willing to let them be crammed in.
Allocation of tickets for terracing is simple. When the turnstiles clock around to the capacity. They stop working.
I don't care what anyone says. Terracing needs to return to football and we should be ambitious enough to say to supporters, we've got some terracing, sod all that poncey seating, come to the new "roots hall" and have a laugh. An instant incentive!
Stop namby pambying to the men in suits and start telling the FA what supporters want.
I want to stand up! I want to walk about during the game. Move over to the singers, move away from the idiots etc.

Link

Now that's what I call a stadium! Not too big, just over 18,000, and every facility you could ever want under the pitch - gyms, basketball arena, olympic size swimming pool and a car park!

Come on Ron, get your finger out. In fact, if you'd like me to take a trip to compile a report then I will do it just for expenses!
tounge.gif

No, No, No, not the shopping precinct!!

Thats is a terrible ground IMO...the stands are too far from the pitch and the pitch itself is built on top of a car park, which the players complain makes the surface very hard.

but thats my opinion, i personally would hate us to have something like that but.

ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Nov. 09 2004,09:43)]Link

Now that's what I call a stadium! Not too big, just over 18,000, and every facility you could ever want under the pitch - gyms, basketball arena, olympic size swimming pool and a car park!

Come on Ron, get your finger out. In fact, if you'd like me to take a trip to compile a report then I will do it just for expenses!  
tounge.gif
Blimey! that's a great piece of architecture if nothing else. Obviously, for us it would not be practical to have a running track, but the underground car-park and facilities are a great idea... If this is going to work, then good space management needs to be seriously considered. Good spot RM!  
wink.gif

Generally, most new grounds are of the cantilever (I think) design in this country, so it would be great to buck that trend and have something attractive to look at... the only trouble is, at what cost?  
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Nov. 09 2004,10:52)]No, No, No, not the shopping precinct!!

Thats is a terrible ground IMO...the stands are too far from the pitch and the pitch itself is built on top of a car park, which the players complain makes the surface very hard.

but thats my opinion, i personally would hate us to have something like that but.

ghostface.gif
Being part of the delegation of the 'Southend branch of the Monaco suppoorters club' that visited the principality this summer I can say that the stadium tour we went on left us all very impressed.

However the suggestion that we have a stadium of that standard was not entirely serious......

tounge.gif

In fact I'll look to get a photo posted on here tonight of us all inside the ground.....Hooly, any chance of getting 'Drewe The Bear' posted on here?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Nov. 09 2004,10:43)]Link

tounge.gif
Sorry RM but Monaco's stadium is an absolute monstrosity. Individual yes, architectually interesting perhaps, beautiful definitely not.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Nov. 09 2004,11:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Nov. 09 2004,10:43)]Link

tounge.gif
Sorry RM but Monaco's stadium is an absolute monstrosity. Individual yes, architectually interesting perhaps, beautiful definitely not.
Have to agree to disagree with you, I was impressed with it. Too many stadiums are indentikit replicas of each other - St Marys, Riverside etc. - a little bit of indivduality is a good thing in my book. In the past every ground you went to had it's own character, now they just all look the same.

Having said that, I wasn't seriously suggesting that we would end up with a ground anything like it - was more just a bit of a cheeky, tongue in cheek attempt at a free trip to Monte Carlo!
tounge.gif

I think it has been on here before.
But is it the FA that have the final say on terracing, i know that in Germany they have some stadiums where there is terracing for league games, but when they play in europe they convert to seating.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Nov. 09 2004,09:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Nov. 08 2004,20:02)]Well, seating is deemed more safe than terracing.
I disagree. Terracing is only unsafe when you have police lines pushing you in, and when you have greedy bosses, willing to let them be crammed in.
Allocation of tickets for terracing is simple. When the turnstiles clock around to the capacity. They stop working.
I don't care what anyone says. Terracing needs to return to football and we should be ambitious enough to say to supporters, we've got some terracing, sod all that poncey seating, come to the new "roots hall" and have a laugh. An instant incentive!
Stop namby pambying to the men in suits and start telling the FA what supporters want.
I want to stand up! I want to walk about during the game. Move over to the singers, move away from the idiots etc.
Exactly.

How many times do i seem to end up sitting next too the village idiot in the East stand with his sandwiches and ribena in a flask. It either that or CS Cockles and the Cockcroach takes up all the rooms and eats all my food.
biggrin.gif

Def need to be able to expand, but definitely dont just have 3 stands like Bournemouth and Oxford - that really looks crap

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ Nov. 09 2004,14:36)]How many times do i seem to end up sitting next too the village idiot in the East stand with his sandwiches and ribena in a flask...
Oh! I thought It's Grim up North sits in the South Upper!

rock.gif

Back