• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New grounds next season

Going For A Burton

I like the 'romance' of going to Accrington, but will have to wait and see what the state of the away game war chest is like come that fixture. Burton is appealing too - some fine pubs there, including 'The Cottage' with its own micro-brewery! They do a cheeky little number called 'Halcyon Daze' - a must for all beer monsters. :clap:

Definitely looking forward to Accrington, Burton, Aldershot with far more excitement than any League One encounter. This division has grown boring.

The likes of Dagenham and Barnet aren't bad games either, I still haven't been to Torquay either. I don't enjoy relegation because of all the bad games we've had to endure, but playing 4th division football isn't an issue for me. After all I go to watch Southend, not the opposition.

Hoping to get to a fair few games next season... I hope Rushden or York win the Blue Square play-offs purely on the basis that I've never had a Diamond burger and York is close proximity to my old man.

I like the 'romance' of going to Accrington, but will have to wait and see what the state of the away game war chest is like come that fixture. Burton is appealing too - some fine pubs there, including 'The Cottage' with its own micro-brewery! They do a cheeky little number called 'Halcyon Daze' - a must for all beer monsters. :clap:

I`ll be there Rob

Good to see lots of people putting a positive spin on things!

I'm nowhere near the 92 (I'm on about 45) but am looking forward to trips to Lincoln, Aldershot (stay down you lot!), Daggers and Crewe. I did a fair few of the League Two teams when we were down there (including Barnet; love that away trip) and went to Stevenage for an LDV Vans game ages ago. We won 4-1 IIRC.

With Dale, Darlo and Grimsby not an issue anymore. If Rotherham or Bury can kindly **** off to League 1, then the division does not look as northern as it might of done.

New grounds for me will be Accrington (Who have a very good supporters group - Stanley Ultras, so looking forward to the battle!), Burton , Morecambe and Aldershot (Like Accrington, have the R.B.A group)

Last edited:
Not sad to see Grimsby go, but to be honest I'm feeling a bit nostalgic towards Northern away days. Hartlepool and Carlisle are just too far to go to enjoy the inevitable defeat, but away days at the likes of Rochdale, Macclesfield, Rotherham and Barnet were usually fun.

I think the Aldershot Supporters Group are more concerned with what happens outside of the ground than inside...

Like most of the football world I am looking forward to Morecombe home and away.

What sports writer could possibly resist Shrimpers v Shrimps - a fixture with more crustacean credentials than a Kerry Katonia Iceland advert.

It wouldn't surprise me if Sky broadcast both fixtures in 3D and I am sure Ron already has plans to pump this extra revenue into our promotion assault and the graphs to back it up.

Glad also to see people being positive. No doubt though, there are going to be some grim away games esp on a Tuesday night. Like others have said though, this is what real football fans are. They support their local team, no matter league they are in. I am secretly looking forward to it though and am going to try and get to a few away games.

Accrington,Morecombe,Burton,Shrewsbury.hope Rotherham stay down so i can visit Dom valley stadium,think Chesterfield have new ground for next season.Have Liverpool.Cardiff,Newcastle and Middlesbrough too completer 92.

Accrington,Morecombe,Burton,Shrewsbury.hope Rotherham stay down so i can visit Dom valley stadium,think Chesterfield have new ground for next season.Have Liverpool.Cardiff,Newcastle and Middlesbrough too completer 92.

...and possibly Stevenage?

We used to win there all the time back in the day! I remember winning 5-0 one year, Steve Wignall scored one of two one goals!

This will go off big time down at Aldershot, many a fight down the side alleys!!
Dont we go in the same turnstiles
Was his the thumping header for the fifth goal. Best 2 own goals ever seen by me apart from Paul Brush own goal at maidstone

This will go off big time down at Aldershot, many a fight down the side alleys!!
Dont we go in the same turnstiles
Was his the thumping header for the fifth goal. Best 2 own goals ever seen by me apart from Paul Brush own goal at maidstone

Yeah from the edge of the 18 yard box!

Back