• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New grounds next season

Badger74

Manager
New grounds for me are Morecombe,Accrington Stanley,Burton,Stevenage.
I have done all 4 of the clubs in conference play offs so no one new there.
This will take me to 87 clubs leaving just Liverpool, Man.utd, Man.city,Aston Villa,Cardiff (may do this season if leicester get them in play offs as my mates can get tickets in the leicester end).
What about you? how many clubs you done and how many are new for you next season?

New grounds for me are Morecombe,Accrington Stanley,Burton,Stevenage.
I have done all 4 of the clubs in conference play offs so no one new there.
This will take me to 87 clubs leaving just Liverpool, Man.utd, Man.city,Aston Villa,Cardiff (may do this season if leicester get them in play offs as my mates can get tickets in the leicester end).
What about you? how many clubs you done and how many are new for you next season?

What about Shrewsbury ? Have you done their new ground ?

No, I am doing all 92 clubs first so been to gay meadow but not new ground. once I have been to all 92 than I will start on all the newly built grounds even though I have done alot of them anyway.
And yes I will go to Shrewsbury for about my 4th visit!!!

I'm looking forward to going to The New Meadow again. I went there earlier this season as part of a five day break with the other half. Very similar to Northampton & Col Ewe. The is a very good pub about five minutes walk from the ground called The Brooklands Hotel. Good food at least 3 local ales & a friendly pub. I spent a very drunken afternoon/evening with a crowd of Shrews fans that I had only met that day, although I had spoken to online. A good place for a weekend away!

I'm going to Morecambe for the last game at Christie Park, rather than suffer another stuffing & relegation "party" at Southampton.

Accrington, Burton, Bradford, Hereford, Stevenage & possibly Rotherham for new grounds for me. I think I worked it out that if I go to every new ground next season I will be upto 75/76 depending who comes up!

Quite a few new grounds for me to visit , but all will depend on what the club do on and of the pitch. I have come to the end of the line with paying good money to travel and watch a load of ****.

Have to go Accrington Stanley after all 'Who are they?' Looking forward to Morecambe on a bleak Tuesday in Feb,Burton,Stevenage,Hereford.This really is bringing out the 'Anorak' in me.Every relegation cloud has a silver lining.

And i thought i was the only one looking forward to the step down. bring back the Boston on a tuesday night scenario,s love it. although once our new stadium is up and running and our squad is rebuilt these days will be long gone....so enjoy it while it lasts. UTB forever the optimist.

Definitely want to do Dagenham, Burton and Stevenage, would like to Accrington and new Shrewsbury (went to the old one).

I have got 13 to go and I can wipe out six next season if I went which in fairness I probably wont do many aways next season due to family etc.

Looking forwards to lots actually, some of which make very nice weekend aways! No, I don't mean Accrington or Bury!

I've done 75 so far, Accrington, Morcambe, Hereford, Burton Albion, Aldershot and Stevenage await

I will try to do all 6 though were sure to get 1 or 2 of them on Tuesday night's near christmas

I think most of my mates will do Morcambe and Accrington, so as crap as it is supporting the Shrimpers at the mo at least we'll have a giggle next season. It's all too easy to claim to support West Ham, Chelsea, Spurs etc and show your loyalty by buying a club shirt and watching only the sky tv games in varsity - but next season the 300 that have a drunken trip to Burton Albion or Shrewsbury or the 200 on a cold Janaury night in Morcambe dressed in fancy dress as Jim Bowen they're real fans...we are the proper fans, and that is proper football, we may be crap but there "our" crap !!!!

I can't wait

As it stands, 8-10 for me depending on who wins the League 2 and Conference play-offs (done Oxford and Luton but not Rushden and York).

Was chatting to a couple of Stockport fans on the train back to Manchester last night and they said we need to be getting behind Rushden in the Conference play-offs as they do the best burgers they've ever tasted at a football ground.

Hope York win the play-offs then we can have a fantastic drunken weekend in that great city. Mind you, knowing our luck we're be playing up there on a tuesday night in mid november?.

This is the only good thing about going down. New Grounds, i have done a couple before but if i do all of them which i plan it will tick a lot off the list! :)

89 of the current 92 for me, Cardiff, Morecambe and Burton to go and I am going to the latter next Saturday.

One of the plus points of going down is the trip to Accrington, believe it or not. A ground of non-league character but although their crowds are small, their support is brilliant.

I shan't bother going back to Shrewsbury, basically another Colchester, while Rotherham at the Don Valley, if they stay down, is a pretty awful place to watch football rather like the Withdean but at least with a roof and some atmosphere as all of the home fans sit in the same stand.

Chesterfield's new ground will be ready, presumably with better toilets than at Saltergate.

Back