• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread New HMRC Winding up Petition - Back in court TODAY (should know by around midday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess those negotiations with HMRC didn't going well.

It was only a matter of time, but is RM going to be willing, or have the resources, to get us out of this one?

I think the best we can hope for is adjournment(s) to keep us on life support until new ownership.

The seeking of an adjournment must be on the basis that " something will turn up". That could mean that we get some insight as to possible change of ownership.
Not if an NDA prevents any such details being made in a public forum. In such case, could details protected under an NDA be made privately to the judge and legal teams away from any members of the public present?

The seeking of an adjournment must be on the basis that " something will turn up". That could mean that we get some insight as to possible change of ownership.
Indeed. I would have thought a case will have to be made for an adjournment and in that we may get some insight into potential changes of ownership. He cant refuse a judge. Just my opinion. No legal training whatsoever.

I hope all those that renewed their season cards paid by card and not cash.

I said it a couple of months ago, we are going to be in for one of the worst summers in our history unless a change of owner is in place very urgently!

Despite huge attendances and loads of season tickets being renewed - Ron is still unable to balance the books. This is getting beyond a joke. Feels like administration is just around the corner.

Despite huge attendances and loads of season tickets being renewed - Ron is still unable to balance the books. This is getting beyond a joke. Feels like administration is just around the corner.
The problem is, we are millions in debt. We'd have to sell season tickets for the capacity of the Camp Nou ten times over to cover the debt. What we've put into the club (I renewed my ST last week) won't touch the surface unfortunately.

The most worrying thing is that the club owe the debt to HMRC. It's us being wound up, not Ron. The only small saving grace is that he can't have us wound up if he is trying to sell us. I wonder if HMRC will be appeased by evidence of a takeover in the hearing and the prospective buyers will pay the debt. One can hope.

Another concern is will this now put any potential buyers off?

I mean rather than chuck money at it, they could wait a few weeks and perhaps take the club for a fraction in Administration, which now must be a real possibility?

God knows what he is thinking. But we need him gone, yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back