• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New home Shirt

lincoln shrimper

Has anyone else found the shirt a little difficult to get on. I have to take real care not to rip it when fitting it over my head!!

laugh.gif

This is being mentioned on the "New Shirt" thread too. But has anyone bothered to take it up with the club? If the shirts need adjusting then the club needs a lot of feedback to prove the point.

Yep, me too.
Although the XL is huge, even bigger than last year's away one.
I've got a l/s one & the sleeves almost cover my knuckles

O dear, we had a problem with head room on the red one a few years back, i hope we do not have this problem again, after a few years of really good fitting shirts!!

the club shop are aware of the neck fitting being too small to get your head comfortably through it

If the club shop knows about it, can anyone from said establishment confirm that this issue is being addressed by the manufacturers or is there nothing that can be done? Personally I'd like to buy a shirt but I'm not keen on having it strangle me ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ July 16 2006,17:35)]If the club shop knows about it, can anyone from said establishment confirm that this issue is being addressed by the manufacturers or is there nothing that can be done? Personally I'd like to buy a shirt but I'm not keen on having it strangle me ...
I tried a couple of shirts on and found that although they are tight to get on, they are more than fine once they are on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bluerightthrough @ July 16 2006,18:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ July 16 2006,17:35)]If the club shop knows about it, can anyone from said establishment confirm that this issue is being addressed by the manufacturers or is there nothing that can be done? Personally I'd like to buy a shirt but I'm not keen on having it strangle me ...
I tried a couple of shirts on and found that although they are tight to get on, they are more than fine once they are on.
but thats still not good enough if people are damagin them getting them on and off!
they are not a £1.99 matalan special!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pickledseal @ July 16 2006,20:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bluerightthrough @ July 16 2006,18:32)]
[b said:
but thats still not good enough if people are damagin them getting them on and off!
they are not a £1.99 matalan special!!
Yes they are. They just have a bigger mark-up than you think.

tounge.gif

Getting it on is a struggle, but taking it off is even worse!

Who's gonna be the first player to be noticed playing with a ripped at the neck shirt?
rock.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ July 16 2006,21:11)]Getting it on is a struggle, but taking it off is even worse!

Who's gonna be the first player to be noticed playing with a ripped at the neck shirt?
rock.gif
wink.gif
Lawrie Dudfield! Sorry I forgot he doesn't play for us anymore
tounge.gif

lol i must have a small head, getting it on is easy, ruins the hair but get over that quite easilly, and off is the hardest, it wasnt designed thinking about the players swapping shirts at the end of the game at all.

(This more applies to Premiership clubs, like man united and arsenal, who seem to have a slightly edited version this shirt.

Surely this is a new rule from FIFA. Make the shirts harder to get over your head so less bookings for players taking their shirts of to celebrate goals.

Remeber you heard it here first.

oops.gif

I'll get my coat
biggrin.gif

I reckon the shirts were probably manufactured in a Far Eastern sweat shop by 11-year-old kids paid 1 euro to work 14-hour days; they're smaller out there, they probably based the sizing of the neck on their little old grandfather ...

Back