• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Keeper

New Keeper - Just a sub for first choice?

• Bring a new first choice keeeper in

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep Flahaven and just get an understudy

• Make a total ban on SZ for polls

• Total voters
IF Flahaven is to stay then I'd like to see a very strong challenger for his position, not just a cheap kid from the Rymans Div 2/Essex senior League. I am not convinced that Darryl is safe and a shake-up of keepers in the summer could be on the cards.

We need to get a keeper as good or (preferably) better than Flavs. He's under no pressure for a first XI place at the moment, which is probably making him a bit complacent.

Bring back Danny Gay, i rekon
biggrin.gif

I say bring in the best goalkeeper available. If he's better than Flavs, he'll go straight into the first team, and force Flavs to work harder to improve. If he is not as good as Flavs then we can train him up to a good standard.

If all else fails we put Flavs on a stretching rack and make him 6'6" and all our problems are solved.

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Bloody poll&#39;s.
wink.gif

Somewhere in the middle for me - don&#39;t be determined to get an understudy, because then that&#39;s all they will end up being, and don&#39;t be determined to get someone that&#39;ll get Flav&#39;s position immediately either. Just get someone that you believes a good keeper and that can challenge Flav&#39;s for the position - winner takes all...</span>

Has my fan-club been compiling a Collectors&#39; CD-Rom of my longest posts, then...

tounge.gif
ghostface.gif

OK, so I ended up doing a second poll, after my &quot;With Apologies to Joe Strummer&quot; poll. But it had the desired result - Darryl stays, and Tes goes (in the fictional SZ-chosen team bus).

But my posts haven&#39;t been that bad of late, have they...?&#33;

rock.gif
sad.gif

Hey ho. In answer to your question - keep Flavs, bring in another excellent keeper, and let&#39;s have some genuine competition for the No. 1 Jersey, for a change...

Matt

I would like to see a more experianced keeper such as Mark Prudhoe take over from Flavs.

Its Just wot we need right now.

Taxi for Natt &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ April 19 2004,11:11)]Bring back Danny Gay, i rekon
biggrin.gif
Thought getting rid of Danny Gay was a very strange decision - especially as Wiggy then couldn&#39;t find anyone better. What is he doing now?

Pointless.... If we can get a better keeper then yes, get one. Does anyone actually think we should just look for a reserve team keeper, rather than trying to find a keeper to challenge Flahavan?

In fact if we can get any players that are better than those currently first choice then get them too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ April 19 2004,16:55)]Thought getting rid of Danny Gay was a very strange decision - especially as Wiggy then couldn&#39;t find anyone better. What is he doing now?
Putting bleach in his hair at Hornchurch&#33;

This is one of those questions that you can&#39;t really answer until you know more. Who honestly knows which keepers will be available in the summer? People wanted a change in keepers last summer, and look where it got us.

In all honesty, unless there&#39;s a good chance of Roycie saying he&#39;ll come back (like he did last year), or there is a chance of getting a proven keeper at a higher level in, I&#39;d be happy if we kept Flavs and Robinson.

Good keepers are very hard to get, especally on free transfers. Such a shame that wignall could not persuade Rhys Evans to come to us last year.He is a Quality keeper and still young too.

So i would keep Flavs and try to get a decent 2nd choice keeper who can provide competition for him.

A club should always try to sign players who are better than the ones they&#39;ve already got. So we should look for a keeper who at least has the potential to replace Flavs as 1st choice. Then let them both fight for selection.

Back