• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Kit thread 2019/20

serious question - what do you want that Nike aren't giving?

personally I think they are fine if a little uninspired but I think if they did anything too adventurous they'd lose more sales than they would gain. What clubs at our level - league status, size of crowd etc. do you think do it better?

It would help if there were statistics of how many shirts, home and away, are sold each season. No doubt the club and the shop keep tally but I've not seen those stats in the public domain.

What I can say is that last season there appeared to be more shirts sporting the Prostate Cancer UK logo on view at home games than previous seasons' shirts. That may have been my imagination, or maybe the sponsorship sold more shirts. I do know that Mrs RHB bought the away shirt (I say she,it was me that paid) foe the first time ever because she loved the colour and the logo.

I would like to see bigger sizes this year as me and my dad usually purchase a shirt but unfortunately for him an XL ain’t quite big enough lol

I gave up wearing football shirts a long time ago, they keep changing and you can only take so much after spending £40-50 on a new shirt each season. I tend to look for things like caps or Hoodies, something that i can wear everyday and still show my support for the club, I think overall our club shop should have more variety in what is available and in more sizes to, However some of the Nike designs i liked, some i didn't this was the same with other manufactures as well, some i like and some i dont, As long as we have a kit to play in i am happy. the Colours should relate to the club.

Last edited:
I would like to see bigger sizes this year as me and my dad usually purchase a shirt but unfortunately for him an XL ain’t quite big enough lol

One of my pet hates. Depending where clothes are made, the size isn't what it says on the tin. Unless made in the UK, the clothes are smaller. XXL is like an XL, XL is like a Large nowadays. And no, it's not me piling on the weight(Although I am). So you have to go a size up. They do it with shoes as well. If shoes are made in China, Bangladesh or Pakistan for example, you have to go a size up. At a time when online shopping is booming, this can be a nightmare.

Nike Teamwear is all semi fitted now. Because it’s all geared towards the player and not the supporter. The players should all be trim and it doesn’t cater for the needs of those who like to sink 4/5 pints pre match and then get a pie in the ground

Nike Teamwear is all semi fitted now. Because it’s all geared towards the player and not the supporter. The players should all be trim and it doesn’t cater for the needs of those who like to sink 4/5 pints pre match and then get a pie in the ground
Right, who's got the details of the commercial department? Sod the Teamwear, we need 'fans wear'. I volunteer myself to the pint and pie pre-season to get in prime shape to be fitted for the range. I've always known there was a model in here somewhere

I don't think that sportswear of any kind looks that flattering on portly old gentleman, so I don't buy it.
I was in Sports Direct this week as my wife was after some trainers. It seemed to me that the world's supply of portly old gentlemen were in there wearing seriously baggy jogging bottoms and looking to buy more, so you may well have a point @seenyeva kryevyetka . Not pleasant.

I was in Sports Direct this week as my wife was after some trainers. It seemed to me that the world's supply of portly old gentlemen were in there wearing seriously baggy jogging bottoms and looking to buy more, so you may well have a point @seenyeva kryevyetka . Not pleasant.
Mate, admitting to giving Ashley more money is not clever or smart. Try and resist as much as you can and don't let others lead you awry anymore, be strong, stand tall, just say NO!

Mate, admitting to giving Ashley more money is not clever or smart. Try and resist as much as you can and don't let others lead you awry anymore, be strong, stand tall, just say NO!
She didn't see anything she liked in the end so we went home empty handed, not even some baggy jogging bottoms. So we have maintained the moral high ground by default.

Back