• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Kit thread 2019/20

I'm guessing the Col Ewe camouflage away shirt is some kind of nod to their military links? Surely camouflage will mean they can't see each other on the pitch?? :Thumbs up:

It's the first time without stripes on their home shirt since the mid 90s.

I wonder if there is an uproar on their boards that they are like us in the same way that there would be if we wore stripes?

Although personally I wouldn't mind... the first season I saw Southend in 1969 we wore the West Brom stripes. And my absolute fave SUFC kit ever which I would buy in a heartbeat is the mid 60's one that is somewhere on here but I just cannot find it anywhere. Navy blue, thick white pinstripe.

I wonder if there is an uproar on their boards that they are like us in the same way that there would be if we wore stripes?

Although personally I wouldn't mind... the first season I saw Southend in 1969 we wore the West Brom stripes. And my absolute fave SUFC kit ever which I would buy in a heartbeat is the mid 60's one that is somewhere on here but I just cannot find it anywhere. Navy blue, thick white pinstripe.

So with thanks to @B.B.The Legend Lives On. here is a photo of the kit in the early 60's

https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums...d-united.83559/page-3#lg=post-1676841&slide=0

and a slightly later one, which is my absolute favourite, taken from Back Pass magazine

https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/old-photos-of-southend-united.83559/page-29#post-1936228

MWnJkHF.jpg

This is the sort of thing they have opened themselves up to with the added sublimation of the front. I'm not saying our new shirt is going to be anything like this but the possibilities with it are endless

MWnJkHF.jpg

This is the sort of thing they have opened themselves up to with the added sublimation of the front. I'm not saying our new shirt is going to be anything like this but the possibilities with it are endless

In my opinion a shroud of Turin watermark on our home kit would look quite tidy.

Last edited:
What is the smallest kids size of shirt you are able to buy?

My missus & I are expecting in January, and thinking ahead.

What is the smallest kids size of shirt you are able to buy?

My missus & I are expecting in January, and thinking ahead.

Congrats!

Not great I'm afraid... they don't do any 'infant' kits which is what you'd be after. I don't think there is the demand for lots of different sized kits, especially in the infant range. They have done bibs and things. My son has the home shirt from 17-18 in the smallest size (XSB?) and it's still baggy on him aged 5.5.

He's just been invited up to Liverpool FC academy to train during the summer, which is exciting. He'll be wearing his Southend shirt for his first sessions for sure!

Congrats!

Not great I'm afraid... they don't do any 'infant' kits which is what you'd be after. I don't think there is the demand for lots of different sized kits, especially in the infant range. They have done bibs and things. My son has the home shirt from 17-18 in the smallest size (XSB?) and it's still baggy on him aged 5.5.

He's just been invited up to Liverpool FC academy to train during the summer, which is exciting. He'll be wearing his Southend shirt for his first sessions for sure!

I must admit, this is what I kind of expected unfortunately.

Thanks for the heads up.

I must admit, this is what I kind of expected unfortunately.

Thanks for the heads up.
You could, of course, consider sticking it in Mrs RHB's tumble dryer. She's pretty nifty at shrinking a fair few of my shirts so a youngster's football shirt should be easy peasey for her.:Smile2:

I gave up wearing football shirts a long time ago, they keep changing and you can only take so much after spending £40-50 on a new shirt each season. I tend to look for things like caps or Hoodies, something that i can wear everyday and still show my support for the club, I think overall our club shop should have more variety in what is available and in more sizes to, However some of the Nike designs i liked, some i didn't this was the same with other manufactures as well, some i like and some i dont, As long as we have a kit to play in i am happy. the Colours should relate to the club.
Agree some people think Southend big Rich club

Congrats!

Southend do infant kits. I know, as brought my boy every year. It be his 3rd one this year.

Concrats by the way

Back