• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Kit thread 2019/20

To be honest I'm another that doesn't really understand the way we launch our new kits. The whole reveal at MTBD is very old fashioned for me. Fair enough if that's when they want them to go on sale (again something I don't really understand), but surely in this day and age they should do some kind of flashy, creative internet reveal long before the end of July?

Obviously a spoof

mHnoqME.jpg

Not sure it was:

To be honest I'm another that doesn't really understand the way we launch our new kits. The whole reveal at MTBD is very old fashioned for me. Fair enough if that's when they want them to go on sale (again something I don't really understand), but surely in this day and age they should do some kind of flashy, creative internet reveal long before the end of July?

I agree. If it's a sales reason, then I think they are wrong. I think it was once asked at one of those Q&A things, and the answer was 32 kits(Adults were just shirts), if I remember right were sold on the MTBD that season, including kids kits. If the launch were about 2 weeks earlier, I'm sure more would sell, as fans could proudly wear the shirts for longer before the start of the new season, especially if it's a cracking shirt. They could still sell the shirts and full kit at MTBD as well. Yes they won't then sell so many on the day, but the combined total will definitely be bigger.

I think they are allowed to wear them in friendlies(A big bunce from Paddy Power), but not in the League. They break the current FA rules. It looks disgusting. Let's hope that the FA keep it as it is.
FA Statement.
The FA has also asked the Terriers for their observations about the new kit.

“The FA has clear kit and advertising regulations for all club matchday kits,” an FA spokesperson said.

“If we believe that any club has breached these rules we will look into the matter and, if required, will take the appropriate action.”

FA rules state a playing kit is only permitted to have “one single area not exceeding 250 square centimetres on the front of the shirt”.

Last edited:
I think they are allowed to wear them in friendlies(A big bunce from Paddy Power), but not in the League. They break the current FA rules. It looks disgusting. Let's hope that the FA keep it as it is.

I would like to see a total ban on gaming firm advertisement.

I hope Southend are never sponsored by such a company. It just looks so tacky.

I would like to see a total ban on gaming firm advertisement.

I hope Southend are never sponsored by such a company. It just looks so tacky.

I don't see how they're allowed to do it, they banned alcohol sponsors they should do the same with betting companies.

I don't see how they're allowed to do it, they banned alcohol sponsors they should do the same with betting companies.

Absolutely. Gambling ruins many lives, it should be banned from sponsoring anything and advertising on telly or online and pushed back into the dark like smoking or drink driving.

Absolutely. Gambling ruins many lives, it should be banned from sponsoring anything and advertising on telly or online and pushed back into the dark like smoking or drink driving.

That’s right, ban everything you don’t agree with and screw the thousands employed in the industry because a tiny minority can’t control themselves.

Calm down you lot. I won't even get onto the argument about gambling companies, but will keep it relevant with football team kits instead.

Paddy Power will likely not even feature on the actual shirt at all.

GVC (owners of Ladbrokes, Coral and some more) are ending all sponsorships and donated their Betdaq ones to children's charities, such as on the Sunderland shirt.
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...amazing-gesture-betdaq-see-childrens-16312350

That’s right, ban everything you don’t agree with and screw the thousands employed in the industry because a tiny minority can’t control themselves.

Yet drugs are banned, millions will take them this weekend and the vast majority will got to work on monday morning. I wonder what addiction causes more pain?

I’m not saying ban it, but ban the advertising and encouragement of it. These ‘great offers and odds’ they are forever peddling. Smoking isn’t banned but you can’t advertise it. Betting should be the same.

Back