• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Kit thread 2019/20

The club have been listening to the supporters and are thinking of introducing a new 3rd Retro kit to help our new Ex Scottish Premier League players feel at home and fit in with a bespoke tartan shirt.

What do you all think?

View attachment 8512
McSouthend United's proposed new 3rd Retro Kit
ayrshire blue will love it also this story is bs

A photo from yesterday at Birmingham. Very worryingly, I can count three of the new home shirts in the frame, outrageous!

EBFRZD8XoAIfs2_

I’ve personally skipped buying the new shirt and got myself the 1990-91 strip instead

I’ve personally skipped buying the new shirt and got myself the 1990-91 strip instead

I did similar and bought the orange Wyndham Plastics away shirt, as I was lucky enough to get an unworn shirt. It turned a number of heads on Saturday.

I don't get why people are criticising other supporters for buying the new shirt. It is THEIR money and THEIR choice. What is more, they are there supporting the team.

No-one is forcing anyone here to buy it or wear it.

If you had bought a new shirt and got YEARWOOD on it you might be justified in being miffed but as it stands the new shirts, home and away, are okay and the price is no more than last year which in these inflationary times is okay too.
If the PP money keeps the tax man happy then that is a good thing.

I don't get why people are criticising other supporters for buying the new shirt. It is THEIR money and THEIR choice. What is more, they are there supporting the team.

No-one is forcing anyone here to buy it or wear it.

I don’t think anyone is criticising other supporters for buying them. It is just a surprise at how many there is in the photo. Especially with the disappointment at the design of the kit.

The comments aren't a criticism of the people buying the new shirts, but a statement of stating the obvious that few people have bought them . I expect that the away shirts will be more popular.

Personally, having seen the new shirts in the flesh, I haven't changed my mind about them. If anything it has reinforced my opinion that they are cheap and nasty. They looked poorly made too!

Hopefully, if as it appears that judging by the comments on here and social media, the club won't take the fans for granted again. Being hit in the pocket does have an effect on complacency!

Why did the club bother asking fans to submit designs for the new kit?

The Nike Teamwear range is far too restrictive a canvas for the average Southend fan to express themselves.

Back