• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Kit

footymad13

Is anyone esle worried about GKs comments to the trust that no decisions regarding the kit had been made yet.

Most clubs kits are already on sale or have been show, have spent months in production. Where as GK just pops down a wearhouse and bulk buys 3000.

I just hope its a bit better than last year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 23 2004,19:18)]Is anyone esle worried about GKs comments to the trust that no decisions regarding the kit had been made yet.

Most clubs kits are already on sale or have been show, have spent months in production. Where as GK just pops down a wearhouse and bulk buys 3000.

I think we know your feelings on this matter already.

Very well indeed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ June 23 2004,18:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 23 2004,19:18)]Is anyone esle worried about GKs comments to the trust that no decisions regarding the kit had been made yet.

I think we know your feelings on this matter already.

Very well indeed.
No i don't believe so.

I Hope our sponsor does not want there entir3e company name on the new shirts.

Bruce Shrimpsteen

Born to Shrimp

I finally got the money to buy the kit and they're aren't bringing it out!

I want to buy the new kit so I can look all smart when I go out to PoundLand!!!!!
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ June 23 2004,19:04)]I want to buy the new kit so I can look all smart when I go out to PoundLand!!!!!
mad.gif
You too John, I thought i was the only person who was waiting to show my new kit off at Poundland ?

laugh.gif

On the one hand you have people moaning about the fact that we have a new kit every year.

On the other we now have people chomping at the bit to buy.

FM, why should anyone worry that the kit issue isn't yet decided?  In the history of football I don't think a professional game has been played by one team in "skins".

It wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't the same as last years with the new logo.  No great planning required there.

Chill.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 23 2004,18:18)]Is anyone esle worried about GKs comments to the trust that no decisions regarding the kit had been made yet.

I have been unable to sleep worrying about the lack of a new kit. Worried friends have commented that I have 'changed', that I seem distant, pre-occupied and have lost my insatiable lust for life. As a precaution they have removed all the knives from my home and flushed all of my paracetemol down the toilet.

However, now that I know I am not alone in my torment I feel that perhaps there is hope.

Perhaps we could get together and form a support group for others whose lives have been destroyed by not having seen next seasons kit yet?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ June 24 2004,09:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 23 2004,18:18)]Is anyone esle worried about GKs comments to the trust that no decisions regarding the kit had been made yet.

I have been unable to sleep worrying about the lack of a new kit. Worried friends have commented that I have 'changed', that I seem distant, pre-occupied and have lost my insatiable lust for life. As a precaution they have removed all the knives from my home and flushed all of my paracetemol down the toilet.

However, now that I know I am not alone in my torment I feel that perhaps there is hope.

Perhaps we could get together and form a support group for others whose lives have been destroyed by not having seen next seasons kit yet?
laugh.gif

Great idea!

Perhaps we could campaign for a variant of the kit to be re-issued every time we lose. If we win or draw, we keep the same kit as we wore before. Over the season, the one in which we avoided defeat in for longest will be known as the "lucky" kit and could be used in all important games from then on!

I too have been listless and have had difficulty sleeping. I didn't realise I had a problem until a friendly copper aroused me from a meths-induced stupor outside Roots Hall. My recollection is vague but I remember staring up at the windows of GK's office mumbling something about navy stripes..

Now I know there is a support group that shares my apprehension and concern. The worst and most embarrasing moment would undoubtably be our beloved team running out in no kit at all or, even worse (maybe?) last years design. I mean that was soooooo 2003...

Where shall we hold our meetings? Next to the sale rail in JJB Sports?

What shall we call our support group? How about

"Supporters And Rights For Endearing New Designs"

Otherwise known as SARFEND...

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ June 24 2004,09:28)]The worst and most embarrasing moment would undoubtably be our beloved team running out in no kit at all or, even worse (maybe?) last years design.  I mean that was soooooo 2003...
Now you get my point I mean it's bad enough that we come to game in the same shirt, but come on let's not be nouveau riche about this for heavens sake.

Back