• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Kits 09/10

It's that time of year when the new Nike Teamwear catalogue is released and it gets me thinking what will our beloved team be wearing next season. I am assuming that we will remain Nike but am in the middle of composing an email about our kit choices to hopefully be answered on Ron's blog Q&A. Anyway, I know after last week's Away Kit thread a lot of people are not wanting us to change but you can guarantee we are 99% certain to.

Other than on a couple of sites discussing Crystal Palace being the next team to get the Just Sport treatment I've not seen any examples of what the new stuff will be like. Walking past the Nike shop up here yesterday I noticed these training shirts from the new Nike 5 range but thought they would perhaps make quite smart SUFC shirts.

PDS007009764.jpg

A smart shirt to carry on the popular "Yelllooooooooowwwss" theme???

PDS007009761.jpg

I am not necessarily suggesting in this colour range, but in the shop they had a white/blue/yellow design which looked amazing, especially as a potential SUFC away kit. Also if they were able to go for either of these, we'd obviously not want the large "5" logo on the sleeve...

Any of the other kit freaks on here care to discuss, or anybody "with contacts" care to comment on if they've heard which if any/all kits will change for next season?

Quite like the bottom one in design terms, not at all keen on the diagonal slash on the top one.

I haven't bought a kit for a few years, but if we go for one with that Crystal Palace-esque sash then I'm all over it. Gorgeous.

Well, considering that these are for the Nike 5's Campaign designing equipment specifically for 5-a-side, I'd say that neither of these will be selected.

Well, considering that these are for the Nike 5's Campaign designing equipment specifically for 5-a-side, I'd say that neither of these will be selected.

Yeah I did mention that, but you never know what themes they will carry through to the teamwear range. Wasn't the grey LDV "monstrosity" a job lot of old 5-a-side shirts?

My other point was after being a Nike (even a Nike teamwear) team for over 5 years we might get a bit of leverage. The 07/08 shorts were not available in the teamwear range but we still had them so there is a precedent...

Nice work Glasgow. Ive been a big fan of our shirts since the switch to nike. OK they are a but generic, but they usually look pretty good and Im sure it helps sales. Im not anti getting a new one each year really if the revenue helps the club and it always creates a bit of interest.

Without seeing it, Id be a bit concerned that that bottom design in Blue white yellow would be a custard splat for the next generation!

Yeah I did mention that, but you never know what themes they will carry through to the teamwear range. Wasn't the grey LDV "monstrosity" a job lot of old 5-a-side shirts?

I vaguely remember Uncle Ron mentioning something regarding Nike kits, something along the lines of if you want anything special or not on the catalogue, you have to order a minimum of 100,000 sets of kit... Something which is completely unfeasible for us to order.

The fact that we've only just released the yellow shirt tells me that it'll be the away kit for at least next season, and because the design is the same we might just, shock horror, keep the same home shirt for a second season.

like the sash one. would love our shade of blue to be slightly lighter, like the old elonex/firholm ones

collymore.gif

Chairman Mao. That yellow one ... new SZFC I away kit. Pretty please!

;)

Surely you would only want it if it comes in long sleeves though? Given I saw you wearing gloves for a match in March I cant see you getting on with short sleeves....:)

Surely you would only want it if it comes in long sleeves though? Given I saw you wearing gloves for a match in March I cant see you getting on with short sleeves....:)

Lol. Its all about short sleeves IMO. Makes wearing gloves that little bit more acceptable then. Yesterday i can promise i would have been "glove-less" but typically, we dont have a game!

;)

Not sure about Nike making the kit as it's a bit embarrassing to wear down the pub. It was better when someone fashionable like Pier Sports made the shirts.

I vaguely remember Uncle Ron mentioning something regarding Nike kits, something along the lines of if you want anything special or not on the catalogue, you have to order a minimum of 100,000 sets of kit... Something which is completely unfeasible for us to order.

The fact that we've only just released the yellow shirt tells me that it'll be the away kit for at least next season, and because the design is the same we might just, shock horror, keep the same home shirt for a second season.

Yes and no, I reckon as the template is there for the Fives range, it wouldn't take a lot for them to adapt it as a match/replica shirt. Think Palace are getting a slightly different choice for their away shirts from what I've read (the fans get to vote) - one choice is a bit like the navy blue Villa training shirt for this season.

Maybe Ron will be forthcoming if my email gets picked for the Q&A, obviously if people are interested in the kit as a topic, email in as well as they said the most popular topics would get an answer.

I must be in a minority, then, because I think that sash across the shirt looks absolutely awful - cheap and like something a 13 year old cheerleader would be sporting.

:puke

I must be in a minority, then, because I think that sash across the shirt looks absolutely awful - cheap and like something a 13 year old cheerleader would be sporting.

I have to say I prefer the other one, cannot find online the white/blue/yellow combo though.

Anyway, it's all hearsay, as no doubt the club will try & market some awful choice as next season's shirt as they've done with regularity over the years anyway. Why not go for royal blue/white stripes, we had an away kit like Orient this season & they've struggled, maybe that choice would doom Col Ewe? ;)

Was beginning to think I was a lone voice Tom! Said I didn't like it back on the 2nd post, everyone since seems to prefer the other one.

I think I like the diagonal stripe; definitely like the colour scheme of Yellow with some Navy Blue and White feature.

The second design looks a bit like a rugby league kit to me.

Back