• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New kits chat- 2021/22 edition.

What shirt colours do you prefer both Home and away

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just seen the third kit that Hummel have designed for Newport. Perhaps it's just as well we didn't stay with them!

View attachment 16631
Think it's intentionally awful and they're hoping it will sell for the novelty. Comedy hip-hop group Goldie Lookin Chain announced the kit and it's based on a Vauxhall "Chavalier" the group briefly used to promote a single in 2004. Apparently it says "Straight Outta Newport" on the inside of the shirt as well.

Chavalier 1.jpg

It's clever though. They have everyone talking about Newport County

Kit collectors will be all over that as it's certainly "unique"

Hey ... So ... Aren't we due a third kit in the next couple of weeks?

All signs pointed to the 30th vs Borham wood as both our kits clash (somewhat)

As a distraction from our on the pitch woes how about a debate about another favorite topic on here ie kits!

Not sure if it's just me but on a couple of occasions whilst watching the home matches this season, I've thought, " why is that player not intercepting that ball" only to realise that the player is actually the ref!

Our current home shirt is so dark and with the NL refs all wearing Black it might be time to look again at our kits.

I believe we are due to have launched a 3rd kit about now so my suggestion is that we make the current kit the 3rd one and have a lighter brighter blue new kit and make it the default home strip.

Thoughts anyone ???

As a distraction from our on the pitch woes how about a debate about another favorite topic on here ie kits!

Not sure if it's just me but on a couple of occasions whilst watching the home matches this season, I've thought, " why is that player not intercepting that ball" only to realise that the player is actually the ref!

Our current home shirt is so dark and with the NL refs all wearing Black it might be time to look again at our kits.

I believe we are due to have launched a 3rd kit about now so my suggestion is that we make the current kit the 3rd one and have a lighter brighter blue new kit and make it the default home strip.

Thoughts anyone ???
Not had the problem with the ref and our kit personally

Thoughts anyone ???
I like navy so wouldn't like us to go back to a lighter blue. Though during our stay outside the EFL I think we may need to add a lighter/different colour to the navy shirts to make it easier to differentiate with the officials.

Back in late 60s we wore navy for less than 1 season as it was considered that there was a clash with the ref

Back