• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New kits chat- 2021/22 edition.

What shirt colours do you prefer both Home and away

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's bloody Sunday league level when you consider it's a pro club! I remember only having one kit for home and one kit for away
It isnt that unusual at lower league clubs (or never used to be), the manufacturers sometimes limit the club on what they can have for free, then the club hasto pay for it. If they don’t have the funds Or budget for that, they do a couple of each top and then say it is on you. Even some prem teams asked players a few years back not to exchange shirts as often for the same reasoning.

It isnt that unusual at lower league clubs (or never used to be), the manufacturers sometimes limit the club on what they can have for free, then the club hasto pay for it. If they don’t have the funds Or budget for that, they do a couple of each top and then say it is on you. Even some prem teams asked players a few years back not to exchange shirts as often for the same reasoning.
Remember we had to win league one in 2006 at home in the black and white away shirt coz all the players threw their blue home shirts into the crowd at Swansea away!!

Remember we had to win league one in 2006 at home in the black and white away shirt coz all the players threw their blue home shirts into the crowd at Swansea away!!
yup and Nike had discontinued the blue kit. I sponsored Lee Bradbury home kit that season and the club offered me his away shirt instead. Which I accepted and still have.

I agree with what your saying but I think it comes down to us always being late to party. Always very late to unveil kits and then even once unveiled, you then have to wait ages for them to come on sale. I think, for me at least, I get frustrated at the lack of business acumen from the club.

Last season it was refreshing to see the kits unveiled in what seemed to be quite a bit earlier than normal, but at a normal time compared to other clubs.

Saying, all of the above, I'm not overly bothered by when a kit gets unveiled. I'll buy and it and then only ever wear it once or twice haha, do the same every year. Except for the most pathetic attempt at a kit when we didn't have a sponsor. No way I was buying that for nearly £50 when you could literally buy the exact same shirt for £15 just without the badge on it. No thank you.

This lengthy thread about kit proves there is a demand.

The new kit should be available to purchase early in the summer to maximise sales and accelerate cash flow.

Simple.

This lengthy thread about kit proves there is a demand.

The new kit should be available to purchase early in the summer to maximise sales and accelerate cash flow.

Simple.
I do not know much about these things but rarely in football does anything seem simple.

Man Utd only just revealed their kit, which to me seems late but if prem clubs are still revealing then surely we are not too far behind.

Ours is on the 24th July isnt it as we can pre order for meet the blues day. So Hopefully it is a decent looking one

I do not know much about these things but rarely in football does anything seem simple.

Man Utd only just revealed their kit, which to me seems late but if prem clubs are still revealing then surely we are not too far behind.

Ours is on the 24th July isnt it as we can pre order for meet the blues day. So Hopefully it is a decent looking one
The template range prices go from £17 through to £26 I can’t see us going high end the cheaper ones are pretty basic to say the least..!

Back