• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New kits chat- 2021/22 edition.

What shirt colours do you prefer both Home and away

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would genuinely love to see sales figures of our Hummel kits vs the last sponsorless Nike training kit we had. It wouldn’t surprise me if we sold 4 or 5 times more!

has to be at least double I'd say. I know for a fact ,myself my brother and most of my mates bought this years kit, and was the first kit any of us had bought for a few years!

He's s busy calling Orson
I’m hoping he’s taking care of Mindy.

…whilst wearing a Navy Blue kit.

As an aside, there’s an obvious connection between how the kit dates and how fondly we recall the players wearing it. To that end, Stan’s Blue Beaver Elonex shirt can never look tired.

Last edited:
Will be happy if the badges and transfers stay on after more than a few washes ☹
Worn and washed mine plenty of times since the start of the season and not had one issues, weird to see others are having a different experience

Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I too was going to ask this question.
Wikipedia definition here

Augmented reality (AR) is an interactive experience of a real-world environment where the objects that reside in the real world are enhanced by computer-generated perceptual information, sometimes across multiple sensory modalities, including visual, auditory, haptic, somatosensory and olfactory.[1][2] AR can be defined as a system that incorporates three basic features: a combination of real and virtual worlds, real-time interaction, and accurate 3D registration of virtual and real objects.[3] The overlaid sensory information can be constructive (i.e. additive to the natural environment), or destructive (i.e. masking of the natural environment).[4] This experience is seamlessly interwoven with the physical world such that it is perceived as an immersive aspect of the real environment.[4] In this way, augmented reality alters one's ongoing perception of a real-world environment, whereas virtual reality completely replaces the user's real-world environment with a simulated one.[5][6] Augmented reality is related to two largely synonymous terms: mixed reality and computer-mediated reality.

The primary value of augmented reality is the manner in which components of the digital world blend into a person's perception of the real world, not as a simple display of data, but through the integration of immersive sensations, which are perceived as natural parts of an environment. The earliest functional AR systems that provided immersive mixed reality experiences for users were invented in the early 1990s, starting with the Virtual Fixtures system developed at the U.S. Air Force's Armstrong Laboratory in 1992.[4][7][8] Commercial augmented reality experiences were first introduced in entertainment and gaming businesses. Subsequently, augmented reality applications have spanned commercial industries such as education, communications, medicine, and entertainment. In education, content may be accessed by scanning or viewing an image with a mobile device or by using markerless AR techniques.[9][10]

Augmented reality is used to enhance natural environments or situations and offer perceptually enriched experiences. With the help of advanced AR technologies (e.g. adding computer vision, incorporating AR cameras into smartphone applications and object recognition) the information about the surrounding real world of the user becomes interactive and digitally manipulated. Information about the environment and its objects is overlaid on the real world. This information can be virtual[11][12][13][14] or real, e.g. seeing other real sensed or measured information such as electromagnetic radio waves overlaid in exact alignment with where they actually are in space.[15][16][17] Augmented reality also has a lot of potential in the gathering and sharing of tacit knowledge. Augmentation techniques are typically performed in real time and in semantic contexts with environmental elements. Immersive perceptual information is sometimes combined with supplemental information like scores over a live video feed of a sporting event. This combines the benefits of both augmented reality technology and heads up display technology hud.

Nope. Still none the wiser.

Although I think it might mean that the Southampton shirt when viewed via a smartphone or mobile device can appear different to the user than in the flesh, so to speak.

Or does it mean that Southampton's players will be naked, i.e. literally "in the flesh" and the kit superimposed on their bodies via special goggles given out to the crowd...

Wikipedia definition here

Augmented reality (AR) is an interactive experience of a real-world environment where the objects that reside in the real world are enhanced by computer-generated perceptual information, sometimes across multiple sensory modalities, including visual, auditory, haptic, somatosensory and olfactory.[1][2] AR can be defined as a system that incorporates three basic features: a combination of real and virtual worlds, real-time interaction, and accurate 3D registration of virtual and real objects.[3] The overlaid sensory information can be constructive (i.e. additive to the natural environment), or destructive (i.e. masking of the natural environment).[4] This experience is seamlessly interwoven with the physical world such that it is perceived as an immersive aspect of the real environment.[4] In this way, augmented reality alters one's ongoing perception of a real-world environment, whereas virtual reality completely replaces the user's real-world environment with a simulated one.[5][6] Augmented reality is related to two largely synonymous terms: mixed reality and computer-mediated reality.

The primary value of augmented reality is the manner in which components of the digital world blend into a person's perception of the real world, not as a simple display of data, but through the integration of immersive sensations, which are perceived as natural parts of an environment. The earliest functional AR systems that provided immersive mixed reality experiences for users were invented in the early 1990s, starting with the Virtual Fixtures system developed at the U.S. Air Force's Armstrong Laboratory in 1992.[4][7][8] Commercial augmented reality experiences were first introduced in entertainment and gaming businesses. Subsequently, augmented reality applications have spanned commercial industries such as education, communications, medicine, and entertainment. In education, content may be accessed by scanning or viewing an image with a mobile device or by using markerless AR techniques.[9][10]

Augmented reality is used to enhance natural environments or situations and offer perceptually enriched experiences. With the help of advanced AR technologies (e.g. adding computer vision, incorporating AR cameras into smartphone applications and object recognition) the information about the surrounding real world of the user becomes interactive and digitally manipulated. Information about the environment and its objects is overlaid on the real world. This information can be virtual[11][12][13][14] or real, e.g. seeing other real sensed or measured information such as electromagnetic radio waves overlaid in exact alignment with where they actually are in space.[15][16][17] Augmented reality also has a lot of potential in the gathering and sharing of tacit knowledge. Augmentation techniques are typically performed in real time and in semantic contexts with environmental elements. Immersive perceptual information is sometimes combined with supplemental information like scores over a live video feed of a sporting event. This combines the benefits of both augmented reality technology and heads up display technology hud.

Nope. Still none the wiser.

Although I think it might mean that the Southampton shirt when viewed via a smartphone or mobile device can appear different to the user than in the flesh, so to speak.

Or does it mean that Southampton's players will be naked, i.e. literally "in the flesh" and the kit superimposed on their bodies via special goggles given out to the crowd...
Right now, it’s pretty basic. If you’ve got the shirt you can point your phone at it to launch some content, like a QR code would do, track and trace at restaurants etc.

In the future, imagine a world where Apple watch wearers have progressed to Apple glasses, meaning that information can appear alongside the player they happen to be looking at. Feasibly, you might be able to identify the player, what the club fed him for breakfast, his in-game passing accuracy, fitness levels and output at any given moment.

Great news if you’ve got the engine of a Ryan Leonard, less encouraging if you’re more of a Scotty Houghton. Definitely a double edged sword.

Is there a way that a poll or polls can be added to the thread?
Home Shirt, main colour Midnight Blue or Royal Blue?
Away shirt, main colour Yellow, or Red?

Or something similar to those questions please.

The badge problem will be solved for next year - Kenny the Club Shop Manager has confirmed that they will be embroidered rather than stuck on.

I love the navy kits - think they look smarter than royal blue - but Everton's kit last season was pretty good, so to coin a phrase... In Hummel we trust!

To be fair not to hung up on colour of away kit. I do like traditional so i would go fr those.

But anything design wise other than that awful custard splat design lol

The badge problem will be solved for next year - Kenny the Club Shop Manager has confirmed that they will be embroidered rather than stuck on
We might end up with another badge problem though. That 'Vanarama' orange clashing with the blue of the shirt.

Think it would be quite fitting, now that we're non-league, to pay homage to (and bring back as our away kit) our resplendent strip from 1910-11. Its a cracker.

Back