• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New kits chat- 2021/22 edition.

What shirt colours do you prefer both Home and away

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I was in the store the other day the guy said it was Hummel, big chap who I have always taken to be the manager of the store since we started with Hummel. They run the shop now dont they?

Yep, I spoke with the same guy. Really nice bloke used to work at Charlton. He told me it’s Hummel again this season.

Nike kits can be nice - look at Finland's away in the Euros - but we always go for (cheap) Teamwear range.
I dont think it is because we go for the cheap option, a lot of other teams have had the same kit in different colours to those we had. It is the fact Nike will only customise so much depending on the number of tops that can be sold, there for if you say I can sell 10,000 hime tops then your paying for what you may not be able to sell and thus may lose money. So we probably think we can sell a certain amount of tops and that limits the options and personalisation, then we dont hopefully lose to much on the kits. It isnt always a clubs fault but the limitations put on them by the supplier / manufacturer.

Another block is that big clubs get first refusal so when they pick their design that isnt rolled out en mass to lower clubs it is a year later maybe that becomes available.

That was a shirt sponsor. Beaver was the kit manufacturer. Weren't they all to do with Jobson? Or have I made that up?

Well, crevette is shrimp in French.
bien sur!

(Jude Bellingham's grandad taught me French for 5 years, so I know my stuff!)

I think you're correct, Jobson had his finger in many pies.

If not Hummel.. and for the life of me I don’t understand why it wouldn’t be, I’ve always been a fan of Adidas and Umbro. Some really nice, if not basic kits that just look smart.

I like Puma.
Like some of the Puma ones too

Not a fan of Umbro as they are owned by Nike and Nike always treat lower league clubs poorly with just bog standard templates.

Adidas are ok, as all there kits a templates and they only change for the big clubs, or thats how it seems.

Joma kits are quire nice to wear and they offer a lot of customisation for teams

Last edited:
The combination of blue and yellow in the home shirt just says Wimbledon for me, and when i think of Wimbledon I think of long ball football. Royal blue is Colchester so unfortunately I think we're stuck with navy.

Back