• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MK Shrimper

Striker
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27289819

Not sure about this. A regional league? Didn't we have this 50 years ago, on the other hand it'll mean more local derbies. However the B team bit bugs me? Don't the FA realise there is a whole 40+ clubs outside of the top 2 leagues with their own identities and histories that don't need watering down with Chelsea's B team stuffed full of youth teamers who'll never play for the A team.

Not a fan of B teams. It just encourages the big clubs to hoard players. Improve the loan system so that it's easier to go on loan/get a loanee.

The idea of B teams competing in the league I find abhorrent. I know it is deemed to work in Spain, but lower level football is pretty half arsed over there anyway.

Regionalising a combined L2/Conference I've long thought a sensible idea though.

The idea of B teams competing in the league I find abhorrent. I know it is deemed to work in Spain, but lower level football is pretty half arsed over there anyway.

Regionalising a combined L2/Conference I've long thought a sensible idea though.

As an exile oop north I'm strongly against this!! I can see plenty of positives though

FA Considering B League...

Interesting read:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27289819

One option is to merge League 2 and the Conference or sandwich a B league in between them. Then there's the issue of promotion and relegation...

I generally support the idea of B teams (the continued growing of younger English talent) but surely the knock on effect on the loan system would leave sides like us in a bind? Teams higher up are going to want their younger players playing in their B team rather than a League 2 team...

What do people think?

Surely the problem here is just that the big clubs buy too many players to stop others from having them.

Put a proper limit on the squad size, the "fringe" players will then sign for lower ranked prem clubs or championship teams and get experience that way.

either that or stop filling the top division with imports...............

Awful idea. Last thing we need is big clubs B teams knocking about in the lower leagues.

Don't like the regional idea either, We're a professional club in a professional league, not the poxy Ryman league.

A great idea for Prem clubs as they will have teams to feed them without having to pay transfer fees. The rest of the leagues will suffer to the point of extinction as so many clubs need to sell to survive. Its always about the big boys and what they want and nothing to do with football supporters.

I also do not know why this thread was moved to the general forum when it very much will have an effect on SUFC should it be passed.

Wednesday's meeting is about much more than 'just' league structures of course. Should be some interesting proposals around coaching and 3G pitches too

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...me-and-inhibit-the-development-of-talent.html

Too ****ing right they should be ashamed by those numbers. The dismal wages are a huge stumbling block. I looked at professionalising myself last year and I'd have to take a substantial pay decrease to do so, and I'm a ****ing journalist! All that money pumping about the game, and you're paying a London-based coach £16kp/a? That barely covers my rent. Admittedly with a UEFA B Licence I'd be entitled to more, but you can only realistically get on the course if you're working/volunteering with a professional outfit due to the outrageous waiting list and over subscription of the regional courses.

It has to be said though, our coaching education system is the envy of Europe in terms of content and delivery. Spain is always heralded as this idealistic nation when it comes to the amount of "qualified" coaches they have, but their courses are comparatively cheap and 60% theory and very high pass rates. They might have the quantity, but the quality has been found to be lacking.

Retain the quality of the coaching education programmes, but make them more accessible to part-time coaches looking to professionalise themselves (and give them the incentive to do so) and that dismal number will increase.

Too ****ing right they should be ashamed by those numbers. The dismal wages are a huge stumbling block. I looked at professionalising myself last year and I'd have to take a substantial pay decrease to do so, and I'm a ****ing journalist! All that money pumping about the game, and you're paying a London-based coach £16kp/a? That barely covers my rent. Admittedly with a UEFA B Licence I'd be entitled to more, but you can only realistically get on the course if you're working/volunteering with a professional outfit due to the outrageous waiting list and over subscription of the regional courses.

It has to be said though, our coaching education system is the envy of Europe in terms of content and delivery. Spain is always heralded as this idealistic nation when it comes to the amount of "qualified" coaches they have, but their courses are comparatively cheap and 60% theory and very high pass rates. They might have the quantity, but the quality has been found to be lacking.

Retain the quality of the coaching education programmes, but make them more accessible to part-time coaches looking to professionalise themselves (and give them the incentive to do so) and that dismal number will increase.

Was waiting for you to chime in ESB. Always good to hear from someone actually at the sharp end.

I've little exposure to it, beyond 'Soccer Stars' for the kids on a Saturday morning. Their 'toe taps' are coming along nicely it has to be said...

In terms of the B team notion, here is Slipperduke's take...

http://app.theanfieldwrap.com/issue/08/Page8-how_it_feels_to_be_small.html

The B team thing is so utterly ridiculous it will be a smokescreen to pass through some other changes that would be controversial if people weren't distracted by this (making the league cup a reserve team competition? Giving "big" clubs an extra bye in the FA Cup?).

This has nothing to do with improving the national team and is as ever all about the self-interest of the big clubs. If you want to improve the national team encourage young players when they can't get first team football for the big EPL teams to move abroad. Those who are good enough will prosper.

Was waiting for you to chime in ESB. Always good to hear from someone actually at the sharp end.

I've little exposure to it, beyond 'Soccer Stars' for the kids on a Saturday morning. Their 'toe taps' are coming along nicely it has to be said...

In terms of the B team notion, here is Slipperduke's take...

http://app.theanfieldwrap.com/issue/08/Page8-how_it_feels_to_be_small.html

Some of the progression systems in place at the moment are very, very good. I think we're actually staying at 9v9 until U13/14s now, as are the majority of clubs as it's just better for them technically. The widespread adoption of Futsal up and down the country can only help too, and it's actually getting the funding it deserves at the moment.

The FA aren't entirely to blame though, sometimes the regional FAs and clubs themselves are at fault. As an example, one of the clubs I used to coach at in SE London received a grant from a trust - not much, a little more than £1,000 - and as it was surplus, held a vote on how to spend it. The budget did have some wiggle room for new equipment so it wasn't deemed a priority, but would've been nice, but what I personally voted for was for it to be used to subsidise coaching courses for those that hadn't yet done their Level 1s. What was the overwhelming winner of the vote? Personalised kit. For the coaches.

It all looked very professional, but what you ended up with was a load of middle-aged dads in posh tracksuits barking a load of uninformed nonsense at bemused eight and nine-year olds.

Back