• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New manager deal agreed “in principal” says Ron.

Agreed in “principle” but press conference arranged for Thursday...

This must have been written a few days ago.

It talks about Thursday but I'm gonna guess this was meant as yesterday rather than next Thursday?

Surely if it's agreed then it can't drag on another 6 days

If I’ve read that right we should know this weekend with an official press conference next Thursday?

Statement in full

I think it was Rod Stewart that wrote...
♫ Blondes Have More Fun ♫
I don’t think that can be said about Trump and Boris right now and equally not about me!

Last week I commented a week is a long time in politics and in football too.
That trend has continued with my shortlist becoming shorter… for a variety of reasons.
Nevertheless, great progress (as it had to) has been made this week. Progress not simply in shortening the club’s list of targets but settling the choice AND all the principal terms too. Indeed, within the last hour I believe there are no showstoppers enabling me to give you this positive news before the weekend.
I am now targeting a press conference for Thursday and will confirm that when the ink is dry.
I know it’s all been bad news on the pitch and my job is to ensure that changes… hopefully tomorrow.
I shall always do my best to get this club back on track and can at least confirm the position off the pitch is looking great.
Hopefully we’ll have good reason to sing our hearts out tomorrow and in the coming weeks as well.
Up the Blues!
Ron Martin

Farcical....as has the whole process

Does’t even make any sense!!

Ron is completely up his own arse....

So good news on the stadium front, waiting for manager to sign the contract to be announced on Thursday. Up the sol Campbell army from Fossett way

Dear Ron

I think it was Linkin Park who wrote
God, put me out of my misery, put me out of my f*****g misery

So, wont you please, please just do it already....

Statements such as this latest from Martin can only cause confusion and doubt. What Thursday is he referring to? Should his statement have been released yesterday ? Does anyone at the club know what they are doing? The shambles on the pitch is being matched by the farce off it. We have struggled in the past, but I cannot recall a time when we have appeared so utterly useless in every respect.

I wonder if the new manager will be in the directors box tomorow ? Keep a look out people:Thumbs up:

The more I read this statement, the more it makes no sense.

Manager agrees In principle. To be announced Thursday and hopefully have some news by the weekend.

WTF does that even mean?

Surely that has gone out late and that meant yesterday?

We can’t unveil a new manager next Thursday with a game Friday night ???

No doubt RM would have wanted to finalise the appointment this week but if circumstances prevent then so be it. Just calm down, he knows who it is but until the contract has been signed the name can’t be announced.

Back