• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New manager deal agreed “in principal” says Ron.

My old man says one of the presenters on BBC Essex’s coverage today mentioned that he heard it’ll be Larsson with Kuyt as assistant. Can anyone who was listening verify?

If so then this points towards investment as Kuyt was reportedly involved in the consortium sniffing around Wycombe.
It’s quite possible it’s just one rumour fuelling the other?

And Thursday announcement is Gary Waddock in charge for Friday game away to Tranmere

My old man says one of the presenters on BBC Essex’s coverage today mentioned that he heard it’ll be Larsson with Kuyt as assistant. Can anyone who was listening verify?

If so then this points towards investment as Kuyt was reportedly involved in the consortium sniffing around Wycombe.
They did say that on BBC Essex that rumours are that its Larsson as manager with Kuyt as assistant

I just can't see Larsson being the sort of guy who can get these players playing with passion and commitment, in this situation you need a Warnock type character who knows English (and Welsh) football.

They did say that on BBC Essex that rumours are that its Larsson as manager with Kuyt as assistant
Heard that too.

Makes you wonder whether there’s more to the story than just a new management team coming in... And why this deal has taken so long to get over the line? Is it a potential take over or investment from the rumoured consortium? Baffling tbh, as unless you were emotionally attached to the club why would you invest in this basket case?

Reckon Brexit is less of a conundrum than our clubs future!

Heard that too.

Makes you wonder whether there’s more to the story than just a new management team coming in... And why this deal has taken so long to get over the line? Is it a potential take over or investment from the rumoured consortium? Baffling tbh, as unless you were emotionally attached to the club why would you invest in this basket case?

Reckon Brexit is less of a conundrum than our clubs future!
Would be lovely if we were getting some much needed investment but who knows? Maybe high profile people like Larrson and Kuyt can motivate and inspire these players but I'm not too sure

Dirk is not coming in as assistant think that is someone putting 2+2 and coming up with 5

What an absolute shambles my club is in. Ron Martin messed up our big chance of recent success with the 2007 squad, lack of investment in the team left us with back to back relegations. I so wish he’d sold us years ago when someone would have wanted us. God knows what’s going to be announced on Thursday? As Paul Clarke commented we are entering one of the darkest times in our history. You appointed these recent managers and must have sanctioned buying these awful players ...Ron the buck stops with you!

I do find it quite mad how people can say they can’t see how he can turn it around when their only reference point is watching him on the telly...

What an absolute shambles my club is in. Ron Martin messed up our big chance of recent success with the 2007 squad, lack of investment in the team left us with back to back relegations. I so wish he’d sold us years ago when someone would have wanted us. God knows what’s going to be announced on Thursday? As Paul Clarke commented we are entering one of the darkest times in our history. You appointed these recent managers and must have sanctioned buying these awful players ...Ron the buck stops with you!

Never a truer post wildheart.

Not quite, Dave! The "back-to-back relegations" that 'wildheart' noted occurred three years apart.

Also Ron backed him.

The trouble is Tilly didn't spend that money wisely and frittered the money away on too many big money signings that didn't work e.g. Peter Clarke, Richie Foran, Alex Revell etc.

Also Ron backed him.

The trouble is Tilly didn't spend that money wisely and frittered the money away on too many big money signings that didn't work e.g. Peter Clarke, Richie Foran, Alex Revell etc.

Ah - but Peter Clarke did have some good moments, Matt. And we'll always have Stamford Bridge.

Back