• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New owners quick start guide

Don't change the pre match playlist. Never touch the pre match playlist. Enter sandman being the only addition in a decade was genius. Now leave it be.

With hopefully the new beginnings for the club under new ownership, I thought it might be a great idea to capture a quick start guide from a fans prospective. I'm sure there will be some differing views, but interesting to see where we differ. I'll kick off:

• We are the Shrimpers, not The Blues
  • Despite what Daggers fans think, they are not a local derby. They tend to treat it as a cup final, where we see it as just another game :ROFL:
  • Don't underestimate the legend status that Maher and Collymore have at the club - tread carefully here!
  • We currently have the best management team we have seen in years in Maher, Bentley & Currie (and Still)
  • We did have a very productive youth set-up and on the brink of collapse. This needs to be re-invigorated as it was a source of playing staff and revenue. Its in tatters and reputational damage is immense of the last few years
  • Don't take any advice from Harry Redknap under any circumstances!
  • Don't employ Phil Brown again
  • Allow a Shrimpers Trust member on the board
  • Open communication with the fans will get us firmly onside and together we can make great things happen again
  • The staff at the club are truely amazing and have been through hell over the last few years. Please look after them.
  • Look at some of our kits from the 90s compared to now. So dull. Bring back the unique identity (personally love early 90s blue and yellow but suspect I'm in a minority here)
  • This club works like clockwork when the fans are engaged with and involved.
  • Some fans would love the North bank back as a home end - maybe something could be done for our remaining time at the Hall?
  • Can we have better beers on tap in the West?
  • Merch is very lacking over the last 10 years or so.
  • Please let us re-enter the west stand bar from behind the stand. What was that all about?
  • Oh yeah, we also love Adam Barrett and Freddy Eastwood, if you should ever have an opportunity to work with them.
  • If anyone asks who put the ball in the Bury net? the answer is Ian Benjamin :Thumbs up:
Sure there are many more points and also disagreement with the above?
Not only are we The Shrimpers but our mascot is Sammy Shrimper not Sammy The Shrimp. F""k Elvis Eel

We are both Shrimpers and Blues.

Any connection to W*** H** invariably ends in tears (see Harry Redknapp, Alvin Martin, Kevin Bond, Peter Storrie, Jeroen Boere, Elliot Lee, Stephen Hendrie etc) and should be avoided.

A key focus should be the Shrimpers Trust. It’s important we connect with both our past (see the amazing work SUEPA do) and the future (the Junior Blues, where more backing is needed for the great work they do).

There are a lot of people who want the club to succeed. You need to tap into that.
We are not The Blues. That is club imposed BS. So many clubs identify as The Blues. The Shrimpers has always been our nickname and is unique

Not only are we The Shrimpers but our mascot is Sammy Shrimper not Sammy The Shrimp. F""k Elvis Eel
Aw, I love Elvis. They missed a trick by not bringing him back when his twinnie got the manager gig.

Sammy will always be the number 1 main guy, but I have no problem with Elvis being his sidekick.

Aw, I love Elvis. They missed a trick by not bringing him back when his twinnie got the manager gig.

Sammy will always be the number 1 main guy, but I have no problem with Elvis being his sidekick.
Elvis kicking Sammy up the bum, always combing his hair and giving away fans large, bring him back now!!!

Back