• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New owners quick start guide

Make the South lower cheaper than the rest of the ground on match days.

Back in the late 90's it used to be packed because it was cheap for school kids to go with their mates.
In theory yes..

But is it not in reality an overflow stand for big games and groups? Are there any season ticket holders down there?

Back in the late 90's it used to be packed because it was cheap for school kids to go with their mates.
I got into supporting Southend as I got a season ticket as a teenager with some mates in the family stand for £35, do the club still do something similar?

I know it is trendy to coat linjs to West Ham, but what about Paul Brush and Kevin Lock coaching us to promotions. Dave Webb and Steve Tilson may not have achieved their double promotions without them.

What about Freddy Eastwood. Former hammer youth and one of our greatest ever players.

What? As opposed to non-match days?

😉

How about following Fulham's lead as a cheap and cheerful way of strenthening connections with the local community?
How about having some connections with the local community? Also have some stuff in the shop apart from replica kits.

Reactions: TJC
Please can whoever is in charge sort out the West stand ticket office so that it is possible to turn up and pay cash on the day without having to trek all round to the West and experience massive queues. How can a business which is struggling for cash make it so difficult for its customers to actually give them cash?! Especially important if crowds are on the up and previous stay-away fans return in their numbers.

To get this thread back on the topic if the new owners want a quick win they should get @slapheadsteve to run the bar.

If they ever went to Rochford Beer Festival (and as local lads I’d like to think they might have) they’ll know what an amazing job he does.

Ron was too stubborn to listen to his offers to help but maybe the new guys will be more open minded?

But maybe it’ll be best for my wallet, liver etc if they don’t.
Thank You Yorkshire Blue.
Since the sad no more of Rochford B.F. due to the council. I still have my fingers in two pies sourcing beers well only decent beers from all over the country for two local brewries. For Pubs in London, Essex, Kent & South London. So yes of course Southend United Far Post Bar would be great and a good money spinner for the club. However they dont see trade would be increased.
All you have to do is look at the Blue Boar, since Local Ale for every home game. It goes sometimes even before the game kicks off. Plus as Michelle says each Real Ale Drinkers brings in at least another who drinks something else.

Over to you New Owners. !!!

Back