• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New phone

steveo

mine to stay the same please
As a long time Iphone user i was waiting for the 5 but was a bit disappointed when it came out. I usually buy the phone outright so for 500 quid I want something thats a bit different form the 4.

Im looking at HTC8x, Nokia 820 (920 is just too big) and now i see LG Nexus 4 is due and is getting some good write ups.
Anyone got one/getting one/got a view on any of these?
Ive never had an Android phone. How do they compare with IOS?

As a long time Iphone user i was waiting for the 5 but was a bit disappointed when it came out. I usually buy the phone outright so for 500 quid I want something thats a bit different form the 4.

Im looking at HTC8x, Nokia 820 (920 is just too big) and now i see LG Nexus 4 is due and is getting some good write ups.
Anyone got one/getting one/got a view on any of these?
Ive never had an Android phone. How do they compare with IOS?

LG Nexus 4 looks amazing to be honest.

[video=youtube;66-4uMQqerA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66-4uMQqerA[/video]

I've just gone back to the Iphone 5 from Android. I had the Iphone 4 but decided against the 4S and went over to HTC & Android....it was terrible. Buggy software, constant crashes and reboots when just trying to do the basic phone functions like call or text, since coming back to IOS I know its more 'locked' down but the phone works, its does its job and it does it well.

I'm in a similar predicament, but I recently downgraded my tariff to Simplicity on O2 and have kept my iPhone 4.....I used to change my phone all the time, but I just don't see enough advancement on the technology from what I have to justify spending the money.....The iPhone 4S had Siri, but I doubt anyone really uses it.....The iPhone 5 doesn't really have anything at all to make me think that's a "must buy" item like when the first iPhone came out and even the iPhone 4.....The market seems to have hit a bit of a ceiling imo, and they all do the same thing just different variants of....

The only phone I would consider looking at now which has admittedly turned my head it the HTC 8x with the Windows 8 operating system on it, I can see that being a very nice integration with your laptop or PC, but that's just an assumption of course, it could be buggy as hell and crash all the time.....I've not had a chance to take a look at the phone, so I don't really know what it is capable.

To be honest, the thought of transferring all my stuff from the iOS to a new OS just seems like too much of a struggle to even contemplate and I'll most probably end up with a 5S next year or something (I know it's probably an easy conversion, but it all seems a bit of a headache generally)

I would love to give the other phones a trial as we have 7 iphones at work, but i hear so many bad things from various sources that i couldn't just switch them all without them being as robust as iOS

I was passing carphone warehouse and they had a Nokia 820 so I bought it. 379 which included a wireless charging pad and a free upgrade to windows 8 for pc which you can send off for.
Unfortunately it wouldnt connect to 3g so after a long chat with o2 I took it back Sunday and sure enough it was faulty, so they gave me a new one.
Quite impressed so far. A lot of the new phones seem just too big but this is just slightly bigger than iphone 4 which is just about right for me.

I was passing carphone warehouse and they had a Nokia 820 so I bought it. 379 which included a wireless charging pad and a free upgrade to windows 8 for pc which you can send off for.
Unfortunately it wouldnt connect to 3g so after a long chat with o2 I took it back Sunday and sure enough it was faulty, so they gave me a new one.
Quite impressed so far. A lot of the new phones seem just too big but this is just slightly bigger than iphone 4 which is just about right for me.

I would have hung on for the Samsung with win 8. A better phone. That said, Win 8 phones are very different with the live screens etc.

I've just gone back to the Iphone 5 from Android. I had the Iphone 4 but decided against the 4S and went over to HTC & Android....it was terrible. Buggy software, constant crashes and reboots when just trying to do the basic phone functions like call or text, since coming back to IOS I know its more 'locked' down but the phone works, its does its job and it does it well.

Sounds like the phone was broken to me.

I got a Samsung S3 recently and personally its far better than iPhone. All down to personal choice but Ill never go back to an iPhone.

Never had an iphone but ive had the samsung s2 now for 18 months and its a quality bit of kit.

The only downside on mine is the 16gb of memory gets used up in apps in no time.

The screen and functioning is great .

Going to get the s3 with a larger memory when my contract is up.

I'm also an iPhone 4 user and not looking to upgrade (although just got an ipad mini). Agree that things have hit a ceiling for now. Retina screen or a thinner phone would be better but battery life and size are the limiting factor I think.

To my iPhone, it looks a lot bigger. I would like to test drive one

That was my thinking and why I ruled out the S3. Compared to iphone 4 its massive. For me iphone 4 was idela. Iphone 5 is too light. I would obviously have preferred the Nokia 920 but again its very big which is why I opted for the 820.

Isn't it to big though? It looks it

Nope its a great size, the big screen makes a massive difference. Its also very slim and light and I dont notice it at all in my pocket.

In relation to what?

Slightly bigger than the iPhone and S2. About the same size as the Galaxy Nexus and the Google Nexus 4 but it feels good to hold and is quite slim.

Id say islightly bigger isnt doing it justice.

I had an iPhone 3GS and have been using the S3 now for a month. Yesterday I picked up an Iphone 4 and it feels far too small.

The S3 is not massive compared to the iphone 4. The screen is far superior I cant compare it to the iphone 5 though which I presume is the same size.

Holding an iphone 4 yesterday after using an S3 for a month it looked very small in comparison. I had a double take to check it was actually an iPhone as it felt so small compared to what Im used to.

Oh, the other thing about the new HTC Windows 8x is that it has "Beats" sound hardware loaded into the phone which will no doubt give awesome sound quality!

Oh, the other thing about the new HTC Windows 8x is that it has "Beats" sound hardware loaded into the phone which will no doubt give awesome sound quality!

Literally have no idea what that is :)

I have to say the speaker on the S3 leaves a lot to be desired.

Back