• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Players - Midfield

shrimperjon

President
Just wondering after Wednesday Night. Do we need to strenghten the centre of the park?

Ive said for a while that the likes of Moussa and Grant should be given a chance and in the past few weeks, Grant in particular has looked much better. With Macca and JFC as well i think we look ok in the middle. Yes, if we could get sawyer i wouldnt refuse but for the remainder of this season i think they will all do the job.

My concern, however, is a lack of creative play. If not from the middle, then the wide players need to produce. Junior is going back after tomrow and betsy clearly is not liked by tilly at the moment. Therefor i feel we should look at wide players as the priority.

Alternatively, mayb freedman could play in the hole between the forwards and mayb a middle three. He has the skill, ability and vision to unlock a defence and at his age this may suit him better.

Anyway, very proud after wednesday and lets hope they can take confidence and kick start the remainder of the season.

utb

I think Dougie playing behind Revell and Barney is a definite option that should be looked at, with Grant, Mouse and JFC playing behind him.

Think (as much as it pains me) that may mean Francis coming back into the right side as he does get forward more than Ossie, but to be honest, I dont think Franno deserves his place back.

Back to Dougie, if he is playing off of Revell then it gives us options for knock downs (to Dougie) or flick ons for Barney.

What do we know though eh?! :D

Think there is some good ideas here, Dougie probably wont be doing to much more running at his age, although he did skin one of the Chelsea defenders the other night!

Grant JFC and Macca in the middle, with Moussa as a back up for them sounds quite strong, but little width. If stanislas comes back though, we can scrap the above ideas!

no place for betsy at the moment!

We desperately need more creativity in the middle. Since Sawyer returned to Chelsea we've rarely looked like opening teams up. Grant and Christophe are both defensive midfielders, Moussa is more in the Maher mould of playing the simple ball from deep, and McCormack, whilst great at driving forward, lacks the killer pass.

We need another attacking midfielder and, if Stanislas doesn't come back, a new left winger.

i dont get why people keep saying that dougie is too old to play up front. He is only 34 and in fairness looks like he has kept himself in pretty good nick.
He is by far the best striker at the club and probably in the league and by playing him behind the front two is a complete waste of talent and goal scoring ability. he has played on the shoulder of the last defender all his career and drops deep when he needs to get involved so why change that.
As for the midfield i feel moussa has the potential to be that creative player but tilson needs to get it in his head to push on a bit further. He sits too deep especially when he played alongside grant at the start of the season and there is no need for two players to be doing that in midfield. Yes sawyer was an amazing talent and i would bite chelseas hand off to get him back but it is all about balance, if tilson told moussa to push on further then maybe we would and he would create more goals.

Would loved to be proved wrong, but Moussa seems too diffident to be considered in any great scheme for the future...

Back