• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
ps I'm sure some of you can cheat and look at google, but try not to.

1) Who are the following: "My brother Ken, brother in law Arthur, Peter Starkey, Henry Turnage, Ernie Bibby and his mate Fred, Chango Wayland"
2) Who said this and when "Miracles do happen, what a birthday present. That is all I wanted. Sometimes I feel 90 but tonight I feel 15 again."
3) Who said this and why: "The lack of cash for new players was one factor in my decision, as was the reaction of some of the fans at the end of the season"
4) Name the player
Wimbledon
Barnet
Hereford United
Crystal Palace
Plymouth Argyle
→ Luton Town (loan)
Manchester City
Brentford
Queens Park Rangers
Leyton Orient
Southend United
Crewe Alexandra
Wycombe Wanderers
Chelmsford City
5) Which former player was a maintenance engineer at Southend Sewerage after his playing days were over?
6) name the player from this scouting report
"He is a complicated player to assess. A jinky winger without a real trick in his bag, other than an incredibly low centre of gravity which he uses to twist away from markers..."
7) Fill in the gaps a Colin Murphy quote "I suppose that while accepting the pats on the back, we have to accept the hoots. However .... we have been made to appear, we shall genuinely endeavour to .... the ...."
8) These are the top scorers for Southend in the FA Cup. Fill in the gaps
Roy Hollis
Billy Best
Sammy McCrory
Harry Lane
Len Bolan
Jack Morfitt
Derrick Parker
Billy Hick
Gary Moore
9) How many Youngs have played for us?
10) Who was the only player to have transferred from Glasgow Rangers?

Is (3) David Webb the first time he left SUFC?

PS - re your first line, shame on anyone Googling. Where is the fun in that?

1) Who are the following: "My brother Ken, brother in law Arthur, Peter Starkey, Henry Turnage, Ernie Bibby and his mate Fred, Chango Wayland" Sid Broomfield's helpers when building Roots Hall
2) Who said this and when "Miracles do happen, what a birthday present. That is all I wanted. Sometimes I feel 90 but tonight I feel 15 again." Barry Fry when we beat West Ham on his birthday
3) Who said this and why: "The lack of cash for new players was one factor in my decision, as was the reaction of some of the fans at the end of the season" Ronnie Whelan when he resigned
4) Name the player
Wimbledon
Barnet
Hereford United
Crystal Palace
Plymouth Argyle
→ Luton Town (loan)
Manchester City
Brentford
Queens Park Rangers
Leyton Orient
Southend United
Crewe Alexandra
Wycombe Wanderers
Chelmsford City
Barry Silkman
5) Which former player was a maintenance engineer at Southend Sewerage after his playing days were over? George Molyneux
6) name the player from this scouting report
"He is a complicated player to assess. A jinky winger without a real trick in his bag, other than an incredibly low centre of gravity which he uses to twist away from markers..." JCR
7) Fill in the gaps a Colin Murphy quote "I suppose that while accepting the pats on the back, we have to accept the hoots. However discombobulating we have been made to appear, we shall genuinely endeavour to discoidulate the cleavage"
8) These are the top scorers for Southend in the FA Cup. Fill in the gaps
Roy Hollis
Billy Best
Wakefield
Sammy McCrory
Corr
Harry Lane
Len Bolan
Bramble
Jack Morfitt
Derrick Parker
Stuart Parker
Billy Hick
Gary Moore
9) How many Youngs have played for us? Five
10) Who was the only player to have transferred from Glasgow Rangers? George Duncan

Did Naps actually get all the right answers for his own quiz?

That's a first.

Can someone please carefully check. I'm sure we can catch him out with at least one.

Surprised you found a Murphy quote so brief! Got three of the Youngs, can we have the full list please Napster?

Dave Young 1976-1979 63 appearances
Doug Young 1953-1956 40 appearances
Richard Young 1987-1989 7 appearances
Richard H Young 1922 1 appearance
Tony Young 1984 1 sub appearance

Back