• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Road

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Dont know if anyone else saw the small article in the echo last night on the new road situation...

The proposed road linking Sutton Road to Fossetts Way has been given the go ahead by council leaders....

Lansbury, who are behind the development, originally wanted a dual carriageway, but after concerns over wildlife raised by some council leaders they have both come to an agreement of it being just a single carriageway...

What sort of impact will this have on our proposed stadium development?....will it help?...

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ June 01 2005,12:31)]NEW ROAD??!?

5bfc554b.jpg

WE'LL HAVE NO TROUBLE HERE!!!
Don't worry Tubs - none shall come...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jai @ June 01 2005,17:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ June 01 2005,12:31)]NEW ROAD??!?

5bfc554b.jpg

WE'LL HAVE NO TROUBLE HERE!!!
Don't worry Tubs - none shall come...
No Road, Bad!!!!! Edward, Edward!!!

On a serious note, hope my company get the contract for supplying the material to this proposed new road.

And our colours are blue and white as well......

Now that would be a great idea for round the perimeter of the ground, but would cost an absolute bomb to the club.  It wouldn't be worth their while to be honest.

But yes our company could produce Blue and White Asphalt, but it would come at a cost and would be quite labour intensive.

I thought one of the road issues over the development was the access for emergency vehicles?  Part of the reason that the road from Cuckoo Corner and also Sutton Road were to be developed as dual cariageways.  As busy single carriageways + match day traffic would mean restricted access.  If this was a reason then i guess decisions to develop part of the road structure single carriagewasy is not good.

This is the road from the existing roundabout in sutton road (the one which has one exit to the Warners bridge etc and the other going nowhere)
This will link up with the Fossetts way roundabout (waitrose/petrol station) It is primarily to provide alternative access to B&Q, Prospects etc.
Remeber all of these developments (inc the road) are Lansbury developments who are nothing to do with the Club or the stadium.

But again I ask, With B&L redeveloped Where will the players train and where will the youth team play ? I still have not seen anything about this.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ June 02 2005,09:05)]But again I ask, With B&L redeveloped Where will the players train and where will the youth team play ? I still have not seen anything about this.
More importantly - where will ShrimperZone FC train??

As Southend is the council that stood idly by as Housing Association properties were built on The Kurrsaal fun park, a prime near sea front site and major tourist spot for decades turned into a borough peoples dump, and the same council that passed planning for The Victoria 'concrete eyesore' shopping centre and the underpass that looks like a dark dingy cottagers toilet, nothing will surprise me over the possibilities that involve The Blues. I have three theories;

1. Ground share with Canvey.
2. A slip road of the A127 near Rayleigh going directly into the new stadiums car park. The whole site being constructed underground so as to have a permanent need for floodlights and to be out of sight and out of mind.
3. A stadium built on the site of the Civic Centre. Already serviced by a dual carriageway and conveniently close to the train station and next door to the cop shop. This would allow the pompous councillors to have a state of the art new building to park their oversized rumps in whilst they continue to turn the town into a laughing stock.
biggrin.gif

I say NO! to the groundshare. I like the atmosphere of floodlights and I don't want to be any closer to the police..I mean train station than necessary.

What is actually happening with FF ?

Wern't we meant to be submitting planning permission last summer ?
rock.gif

rabbloke, i believe you are being to harsh on the council. They have needed to look for investment from external sources due to lack of government funding, and have done a great job in finding the ryte people to invest in certain things. The kursaal itself isnt that bad but i must agree that the estate behind it is awful however people have to go somewhere.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Menacy_Moleman @ June 03 2005,17:43)]rabbloke, i believe you are being to harsh on the council.  They have needed to look for investment from external sources due to lack of government funding, and have done a great job in finding the ryte people to invest in certain things.  The kursaal itself isnt that bad but i must agree that the estate behind it is awful however people have to go somewhere.
The right people for what? A town the size of Southend should be vibrant. Its more of a maximum security twilight home. Its got more balconys with sea views for the wrinklys than MacDonalds has got chips. When it comes to football just compare the input of this council with that of many others. Diddly squat!

Back