• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WightShrimper

Manager⭐
An interesting photograph on the official site. Seems Uncle Ron has even sold all the seating or has taken it home for his patio now summer is coming.
Still, at least the lads have a taste of what's to come!

Obviously Lyle Della-Verde is the stand out player, although I thought he already was a part of the under 18's squad. Would be interesting to hear about the other players and what chance they have of actually getting a professional deal.

Obviously Lyle Della-Verde is the stand out player, although I thought he already was a part of the under 18's squad. Would be interesting to hear about the other players and what chance they have of actually getting a professional deal.

way too early to tell about pro deals, i mean jeezus they have only just got a scholarship contract

way too early to tell about pro deals, i mean jeezus they have only just got a scholarship contract

Possibly is a bit early, but you can tell by which ones put in the most effort as to whether they will be successful or not.

Jack Payne's highly thought of.

Top row in the middle... I wasn't aware we'd signed Dwayne Chambers.

Michael Hassini comes with good pedigree, having been at both Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur. Injuries put paid to his career at those Academy clubs and he joined us about 18 months ago. Has already made 6 appearances for the Under-18s this season and is a tall centre-half who has a bit of ability on the ball as well. I'm convinced that, at about 6'5" (I think) he's going to be a massive attacking threat from set-pieces as well, but it's early days for all of them at the moment.

Can someone please identify who is who in the photo, as the article has neglected to do so.

Michael Hassini comes with good pedigree, having been at both Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur. Injuries put paid to his career at those Academy clubs and he joined us about 18 months ago. Has already made 6 appearances for the Under-18s this season and is a tall centre-half who has a bit of ability on the ball as well. I'm convinced that, at about 6'5" (I think) he's going to be a massive attacking threat from set-pieces as well, but it's early days for all of them at the moment.

At 6'5" he's hardly likely to be anything else!

Some very good players there. Saw a U16 game and was very impressed. Jack Payne is Jack Wilshire basically.

Can someone please identify who is who in the photo, as the article has neglected to do so.

Here goes:

0,,10444~9522175,00.jpg

Back row (L-R)

Aaron Tatham: Can play both at right back and centre-back. At right-back Aaron's attacking qualities have been excellent this season. Knows when and how to overlap or underlap and his crossing and long angled balls have been very good. Strong when defending both in the air and one vs. one.

Michael Hassini: Centre-back. Has played many games recently in the under 18's. Michael reads the game well. Has good technique in possession and reads danger well out of possession. Michael is quick and is comfortable when dealing with balls in behind.

Lyle Della-Verde: A player many fans would already know about has made many youth team appearances, one reserve team appearance and made the bench three times for the first team. A wide left who is also very effective as a second striker. Lyle is a brilliant finisher and has great skill with the ability to dribble past defenders.

Seedy Njie: Centre forward. Has scored 22 goals already this season. Seedy is strong and quick. Brilliant with his back to goal. His pinning and link-up skills are very good. A centre forward with great physical qualities who is very powerful.

Jack Edwards: Under 16 captain. Centre midfield. Excellent at regaining possession and breaking up opposition attacks. Jack is strong in the air and effective in both boxes. A boy with an excellent attitude with good passing qualities.

James Pinnock: 21 goals so far this season. James is a quick bright intelligent centre forward who can also play out wide. James has a very good first touch and likes to spin and run in behind defenders. When one vs. one with the keeper his goal to game ratio is high.

Front row (L-R)

Jack Payne: The team's most exciting player going forward in 2011. Excellent as a second striker but can also player wide either side or centre midfield in a two or a three. Jack's turning, protection and dribbling skills have been excellent. Very inventive on the ball, Jack is real hard worker who is good in front of goal.

Marlon Agyakwa: A wide player with pace. Can run beyond defenders with and without the ball. The team's ball carrier and a very good one. Has good ability to cross and nice awareness to pick someone out. Marlon has been with us since he was an under 11.

Robert Hyams: Has been with the club since the under 9's. Left-back. Good one vs. one defender. Good game intelligence. Robert has a nice left foot and a player who has a real win and hunger to win and succeed.

Mitchell Pinnock: Left sided player. Mitch has excellent technique. The ability to score and assist from free kicks also his crossing and passing in open play certainly long passing is very exciting to see. Is comfortable playing in most positions with wide left as his preferred position.

I'm presuming that the link that Rob provided has Jack Edwards and James Pinnock's names the wrong way round, and that James and Mitchell Pinnock are brothers (on account of (a) it being an unusual surname; and (b) the fact that they both look alike)...?

Matt

Last edited:
Back