• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Scoreboard at Roots Hall

ldnfatso

Red Rep King!
I dunno if anyone actually read the programme v Crewe but it mentioned that the World Famous Scoreboard above the North Stand is gonna be replaced in the coming weeks with a new colour video type scoreboard which will show interviews and highlights. It also mentioned that the halftime announcements would be a thing of the past (although i'm not sure Wheeler has been entirely fired). I ask, is the expense of this necessary when we are hopeful of moving in a few seasons or is it a waste of money similar to the club shop rebuild was?

About time!

However, seeing as we're moving home, isn't it a little pointless? Let's hope it's portable :D

Why not? It can always be moved to the new stadium if and when we move.

What? We got a new club shop? I thought the building looked different but still thought the club shop was a little cubby box?

I think you partly right about the new ground coming and all, but keeping the match day experience as good as possible at the hall is still important, Advertising alone will prob mean it pays for itself anyway.

I think you partly right about the new ground coming and all, but keeping the match day experience as good as possible at the hall is still important, Advertising alone will prob mean it pays for itself anyway.

I do hope it's Pearl & Dean adverts from the 70's and dodgy curry house adverts....

I noticed that when I was flicking through the programme last night. I say boo! Save the fancy new scoreboards for Fosset's, I like the old half-lit one we have at the Hall! ;)

I think its great news if its a good one.

I dont see the point in putting everything on hold just because we may be moving , we will be at Roots Hall for at least another season after all.

I think any thing we can do to impress people at the moment can only be a good thing as when the new stadium is built we will want to be pulling in a lot more supporters.

Personally, I think it's a shame. I quite like the one we have.

Although I do think it's funny how the 'commemorative' pictures of the scoreboard versus Man U you sometimes see for sale have all of the bulbs working!

I can't remember the last time we had a full set of working bulbs.

Will it be in the same place? Always thought directly above the goal makes it a little too vulnerable to a wayward shot

Back