• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What about put it in our goal only leaving a small gap for opposition to score. Then move it to other end after half time.

If we did this I think we could advertise Durex with the slogan 'nothing gets through here' flashing on it.

Ofcourse it could advertise some thing else .......... ideas ?

Weren't we promised one about 5 years ago...which would be taken with us to Fossetts f.....oh.

Right my sources tell me they were thinking angled out of South West corner near control room

This has been paid for by a sponsor who does lots of stuff with the club - the owner of said company use ti be a Rebus

this is actually a good sign and i am looking forward to it, it will also bring in a bit more cash to the club for adverts. but its not a screen :(

Did Roots Hall ever have a "half-time" scoreboard?

Yes, it was there in the early 60s when I started watching Blues. It had space for 16 games, A through S with India, Omega and Quebec not used (because Quebec were never in the same League as us). The fourpenny programme (inflation 180-fold) had a key showing what fixtures the letters referred to. Perhaps someone out there can tell us where exactly it was, when it was removed, and whether there were 2 diagonally opposite one another.

Last edited:
Spoke to a man in the pub tonight who said he knows the guy who is doing this tomorrow, but he said he was fixing the old one.... but I'd had a few by then. Bit surreal to come home and find it's on here!

What about put it in our goal only leaving a small gap for opposition to score. Then move it to other end after half time.

If we did this I think we could advertise Durex with the slogan 'nothing gets through here' flashing on it.

Ofcourse it could advertise some thing else .......... ideas ?

Durex might find stiff competition for this advertising slot :smiles:

Right my sources tell me they were thinking angled out of South West corner near control room

This has been paid for by a sponsor who does lots of stuff with the club - the owner of said company use ti be a Rebus

Asked the club on twitter and they said the new scoreboard would be going where the old one is.

That seems like a silly question seeing as the scoreboard has always been on the North Bank roof, but what would they do with the advertisements over the old one? Those companies will have (hopefully) paid for them and wouldn't want them thrown away...

Those advertisements will probably be displayed on the scoreboard itself at half-time and pre-match.

Heard the club will instal a television in order so fans can watch action replays,Only problem being is in recent games there has been no action,New scoreboard is vital for us women because we are often nattering and have little idea of the score:winking:

I say bring back the old one.

SUFC 1 v MUFC 0.jpg ....and leave the score like this...

Yes, it was there in the early 60s when I started watching Blues. It had space for 16 games, A through S with India, Omega and Quebec not used (because Quebec were never in the same League as us). The fourpenny programme (inflation 180-fold) had a key showing what fixtures the letters referred to. Perhaps someone out there can tell us where exactly it was, when it was removed, and whether there were 2 diagonally opposite one another.

At one time there were two diagonally opposite IIRC, one was one the pitch wall in front of the east at the south end and the other on the western pitch wall at the north end.

I think that the current location is pretty silly. Above a goal is the most likely place that it will face repeated strikes. I appreciate these things are built to withstand that, but taking an element of repetative occurance away would surely make sense, and as TB says above, the South/west corner would make more sence in that regard

I think that the current location is pretty silly. Above a goal is the most likely place that it will face repeated strikes. I appreciate these things are built to withstand that, but taking an element of repetative occurance away would surely make sense, and as TB says above, the South/west corner would make more sence in that regard

Indeed thats why I have noticed in newer grounds they are in corners like... Oxford - Rushden (Kettering) - Rotherham etc....

Didn't we used to have one at the top of the east side of the South Bank, with a clock as well? :unsure:

Back