• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Season - Hopes and Expectations

MrB

Life President
This season for me is all about survival in OD, going to be up against it but hopefully we can hold our own and even if we come 5th or 6th, I’d fancy our chances in a play off with a III team as long as my morale isn’t shot to pieces. FC will be tough but if we can field a strong team in every match we should be up there so promotion to III is not an unrealistic aim. I will be trying for promotion in BT20 however it will be dependent on cup progress as if fitness is suffering then BT20 will be the one to be sacrificed.

As for the squad, I’m hoping that with Macca and Sini moving up the order to take pressure off Plums and Mario, we should be able to field our first choice Bowling unit in most games. Only Suthers (strong) doesn’t have superb stamina. It leaves us lining up like this:

Batting:
1. Masterful/Exquisite
2. Wonderful/Phenomenal* (soon to be Exceptional/Elite)
3. Wonderful/Remarkable*
4. Remarkable/Quality
5. Remarkable/Strong*
6. Quality/Wonderful
7. Quality/Strong*
8. Respectable/Abysmal*

Bowling:
1 Masterful/Sensational - FM
2 Masterful/Sensational - Spin
3 Sensational/Sensational - M
4 Sensational/Wonderful - FM
5 Wonderful/Wonderful – F

So batting as far behind the bowling as ever but it is finally starting to take shape and with Lamo, Sini and Macca shedding some nets they should contribute more.

Predictions:
OD – 5th
FC – 1st
BT20 – 3rd
Cup – Last 32

Batting:

1. Exquisite/Masterful
2. Wonderful/Wonderful*
3. Exquisite/Masterful
4. Wonderful/Wonderful
5. Remarkable/Masterful
6. Proficient/Wonderful
7. Respectable/Competent*
8. Proficient/Mediocre

Bowling:

1. Exquisite/Exquisite RFM
2. Exquisite/Sensational* RFM
3. Wonderful/Wonderful LHS
4. Exquisite/Exquisite RHS
5. Wonderful Remarkable* RM
6. Superb/Proficient* RM
7. Superb/Proficient LFM (Tsietsi, but I'm not training it)

Plenty of bowling options this season to spread the workload. Batting really lacks depth, and this still isn't near being rectified. I'm after a new WK trainee and a batting one, but without luck so far. I want numbers 4 and 5 in the order to become 6 and 7 in time, as they are all-rounders. My top 5 bowlers all have superb stamina.

Despite finishing 2nd in II in OD last season, I will be lucky to do it again. Newly promoted to IV in FC, which I just want to stay up in, whilst I don't care for BT20 much, so midtable there too.

Predictions:
OD - 4th
FC - 3rd
BT20 - 7th

Batting:

1. Sensational/Wonderful* (Stopping next pop)
2. Exceptional/Miraculous* (Stopping next pop)
3. Exceptional/Quality
4. Wonderful/Exquisite
5. Quality/Competent
6. Superb/Superb*
7. Proficient/Proficient*

Bowling:

1. Exquisite/Miraculous LFM
2. Exquisite/Miraculous* RF (Stopping next pop)
3. Sensational/Sensational* RFM
4. Exceptional/Exceptional* LM
5. Wonderful/Quality* LM

Will have a few nets to play around with soon and would like a spinning all-rounder but not any about. Need more batting, and am just looking to survive in OD and FC, don't really care about BT20

Not sure how this season will pan out, could finish anywhere between 1st and 6th in OD, 1st and 4th in FC, but could well win BT20. Tough 1st game in OD offset by an easier FC game. Only bugger is that I'm on holiday next week, so will be tricky to manage. I've set orders already just have to hope I don't knacker them all out in the 1st week.

Batting :

1. Exquisite / Masterful
2. Sensational / Sensational * (Stopping next pop)
3. Wonderful / Elite
4. Wonderful / Remarkable
5. Remarkable / Quality * (21yo)
6. Superb / Strong * (19yo being double-netted)
7. Strong / Quality
8. Strong / Respectable
9. Respectable / Quality

Bowling:

1. Exceptional / Exceptional RM
2. Wonderful / Sensational RF
3. Wonderful / Exceptional * RF (22yo)
4. Remarkable / Exceptional LFM
5. Remarkable / Quality* LHS (21yo on 1 bowling and 1 fielding)
6. Superb / Elite LFM

Also have

19yo Strong / Resepctable RFM on 1 bowling + 1 fielding
18yo Proficient / Respectable RM on 1 bowling

Predictions

OD - 3rd

FC - 3rd

BT20 - 3rd

With being one of the new(er)bies, looking at those line ups make me drool.

OD V
In to my 4th season in this league and i'll be here again next season with three teams better than me so looking to finish 4th. One of the sides that come up is in III FC so being in VI OD last season tells me he cares me about FC than OD. The team comin down to my leage is much stronger than me and will probably win it.

FC IX
Won't get promoted this season but could finish 2nd. I didn't beat Boinks Blunderers last season and they're comfortably the best side in the division.

BT20 V
Went from X to V on account of finish 2nd level on points with the winners. Much harder league all round but should do enough to finish mid table.

Batting:
1. Quality/Quality*
2. Superb/Superb/Superb(WK)*
3. Strong/Superb
4. Strong/Resp*
5. Resp/Strong
6. Strong/Resp* (allrounder)
7. Prof/Resp

Bowling:
1. Strong/Strong
2. Strong/Resp*
3. Superb/Superb*(allrounder)
4. Strong/Resp*
5. Prof/Resp

It's the best side i've fielded so far. 6 on nets but they're spread out so workload isn't high. Also 2 stamina nets going round. A lot of resp conc/cons but that should look better as the season goes on. A bowler will get Birkett's WK net when he goes to quality in a couple of weeks giving him two and that will alternate with the other bowler over the next few seasons.
It'll be a couple of years before i pull a YP again!

Last edited:
OK here's my offering and as I've said before heavily weighted towards bowling. I'll need to spend the next couple of seasons bringing batsmen through or upgrading in TM. I have had to sacrifice my only stamina net but I feel I have enough bowlers to rotate for pfl

Batsmen

Exceptional/Exceptional (1x)
Superb/Superb
Superb/Respectable (1x)
Superb/Competent (Strong WK)
Strong/Respectable (18yo 2x will switch to 1 bat 1 field at Quality)
Proficient/Respectable
Proficient/Respectable
Respectable/Feeble

Bowlers

Exceptional/Exquisite Remarkable/Quality all rounder (1x bowl)
Exceptional/Sensational (1x)
Quality/Strong Proficient/Competent all rounder
Quality/Proficient (1x + need to add a fielding net)
Superb/Wonderful (1x)
Strong/Strong
Proficient/Respectable
Respectable/Respectable (17yo 2x)
Respectable/Respectable

Predictions

FC VII- expecting 5th, hoping that some of the competition with 14 players struggle for pfl during the season so I scrape 4th
20/20 V - Expecting to be relegated - I haven't really checked elsewhere but I think I am in a comparitively tough division
OD V - expecting 2nd but hoping to win the title and we'll see what a play-off brings

Last edited:
need to make a decision on FC and OD this season. If I concentrate on OD i think I can win my V, but that will mean resting a lot of players in a tough new FC league.

Bats:

Remarkable/Wonderful (1 bat)
Remarkable/Superb (AR) (1 bat/1 bowl)
quality/quality (1 bat)
superb/quality
superb/strong
strong/med
prof/superb (wk)

bowlers:

exceptional/exceptional spin (1 bowl)
remarkable/quality fm (1 bowl)
quality/superb m (1 bowl, stopping at remarkable)
superb/remarkable f (AR, 1 bat/1 bowl)
superb/proficient spin (1 bowl/1 field)

after that there's a lot of filler, which is leaving me worried about squad depth.

Batsmen

Exceptional/Remarkable (+1 net)
Quality/Remarkable (+1 net) - AR
Strong/Quality (quality wk) (+1 net and +1 wk net)
Proficient/Sensational
Resp/Resp

Bowlers

Quality/wonderful (+1 net)
Remarkable/wonderful (+1 net)
Quality/wonderful (+1 net) - AR
Superb/proficient (+1 net)
Resp/resp

I am double-netting a 17yo bowler as well

I need a batsman, otherwise, looking at mid-table V in OD, mid-table in FC and mid-table in BT20

Back