• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Season - New Hopes

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
That time again !

Shrimperzone F.C. 58379 - Last season 6th in division VI.285

Tough division but plenty of lessons learnt this season (when to PiC/MoTs, tactics and switched from a 5-4-1 pressing to 5-3-2 sometimes AIM sometimes normal.

Last year had 7 active teams, this year 8 but three of them are complete newbies (including a reset for the team that finished runner up) - one looks like a bot.

Successful training regime now starting to bear fruit and if I get my expected pop next Thursday I'll be able to fund my first ever formidable striker and hopefully still have money to improve ground (18,000 at present). Midfield is mostly young and 1 formidable, two excellents and two reserve solids should be ok though I need to invest again when I get the chance.

Should push 31.5-32 stars most weeks which still won't be good enough for title but should see me fighting for a top 4 spot which is my first target.

I'm convinced I'd romp home in other Div VI series that I've seen.
sad.gif

Re-building for the future, in a difficult Div V and spent all my money (£1.1 million) on a excellent 17 year old, and am currently selling my 19 yr old brilliant for £1.5 million in order to fund more trainees, will be a long season and if I survive I'll be surprised.

Brought in 3 new young players to build the team numbers up. Will be staying in the same league so one place higher (4th) finsh will do.
cool.gif

Looking to secure at least 5th this year. Have not got the money to bring in new trainees, so the 18yr olds will have to continue. My two main IMs 24 and 22 years of age respectively will still pick up a bit of training, and as both are already at outstanding, training is not a must for us.

Upfront I want to bang in a few more goals than I managed last year, and really my only other aim in the season is to improve my wing-backs a bit.

Rochford's Aim is to Stay up in V.10.
Training PM again now for a good while.
Try to get to round 4 of the cup

Going for the title this season. The team that walked the league last season has been reset so i am now probably the 2nd best side in the division.

Cakewalk for me. Check out VI.753 to see as easy a league as you'll find anywhere!

Back