• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sandbach Shrimper

Life President⭐
With the new Premier League season starting tomorrow, what are everyone's predictions for the top 4, bottom 3 and top scorer (along with any other predictions you'd like to offer)? Here's mine:

Top 4 - Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool

Bottom 3 - Wigan, Swansea, QPR

Top scorer - Javier Hernandez

I can't see either City or Chelsea stealing United's crown. City may have the most money but I think the Charity Shield showed that money can't buy everything. They're too inconsistent, I think they still have weaknesses at the back and with such a big squad, I doubt Mancini knows his best team or system. He needs to start playing Johnson more! They've made a few good signings over the summer, though. Chelsea are an ageing team with a fairly unknown manager who's the same age as some of their older players, so not sure what to expect from them. Still have a great first XI but when injuries and suspensions and fixture congestion come, I don't think they have the required depth. Not made any significant signings over the summer. Hope Sturridge and McEachran get more chances. As for United, Fergie has a new batch of players but again judging by the charity shield, that same old United winning mentality. I think Ashley Young will go from strength to strength and they have some very promising young players in Cleverley, Jones, Smalling and Wellbeck. Hernandez and Rooney remain the best strike partnership in the league. Only issue they have is in goal.

At the bottom, Wigan seem to get predicted to go down every season and survive but after losing arguably their best player, N'Zogbia, I think this will be the season they go down. QPR have issues and uncertainty in the boardroom which don't help and I can see Warnock leaving or being sacked if they get new owners and things don't go well. Don't think their squad's good enough and they haven't strengthened enough in the summer. Swansea have some good players and play good football but that's not all you need to stay in the division and I think they're punching above their weight. Lita and Routledge are 2 players who never seem to fulfil their talent and they lost Pratley. Will be good entertainment though, similar to Blackpool last season. Out of the 3 promoted teams, Norwich have spent the most money and have the most recent Premier League experience. They have a good manager, a stable boardroom and I think they'll narrowly avoid the drop.

Back