• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Season Resolutions

palexander

Life President
Have you got any 'New Season Resolutions' for the coming 09/10 season?

Could be to go to more games, travel away more, buy more merchandise etc etc.

My own personal one is to not be too vocal against the management. Tilson has proved himself time and again and whilst I'm still not 100% convinced, I am now more than happy to have him at the helm and also with the money situation, I think he has a hard enough task without people jumping on his back.

(somebody remind me of this thread in November...) :D

To not let bad results affect my mood for the rest of the weekend.
I think honestly I've lowered my overall expectations about what we will achieve this season so why bother letting it get me down if we lose by 2 or 3 goals at some dump like Walsall or Hartlepool. As I keep getting told, there's probably 14 men responsible who don't let it bother them that much...

i plan to go to more away games, whilst its alot easier this year with a few times so close by! Like gills, brighton, brentford, mill wall, col ewe, charlton, and orient and a few others arent too far either!

I am determinded not to swear as much as I have a potty mouth.

I am going to try and do more aways than last season as I started off well but died off towards the end of the season.

To fart as much as possible at football and blame it on Dad of DtS / London Fasto.

Get a few more non-Southend supporting mates to get along to games. I'm not expecting them to change allegiance from their Premier League teams, but would still like to get a few more of them to actually experience a game, rather than solely follow football through the telly. Starting with Brentford away next month!

Go to more away games, infact actually go to an away game by coach, I haven't done that since Bristol City in 1993-4

A few of them for me,

1. To go to more away games than last season (last season I did 5 including Chelsea)
2. To try and improve the atmosphere in not only The Blue Voice area, but the majority of the West stand.
3. To go to as many cup games as possible!

I am staying resolute to giving as much stick to the opposing manager and celebrities in the prawn sarnie seats as i possibly can in 90mins.
I love being in earshot.

To try and stay awake more often to follow the game via the net commentary and the chat room.

To get extremely ****ed and shout and sing till I have no voice left at the two games I go to in October.

I resolve to try and get a cup of tea from the west stand kiosk that I can actual drink!!!

If there was a 'like' button on this website, i'd click on that for your post.

So many times last season, I bought a cup if tea, hoping it would be drinkable, i'd then have to dump it after 2 mouthfuls as it was rank!

One of mine would be visit more away games to bump up the amount of league grounds i've been too. Looking forward to the Exeter trip in December!

Back