• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Season Wages and Youth Pulls

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
OK - YP was cack and fired

Seamus Heselton - 17 yo, BT Rating=2,933, Wage=£383
An attacking RH batsman and an attacking RM bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience. He favours Fast-Medium Bowling but has no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Wages up to 286 from 244 - still going to be making a handy profit over the season on that.

Niall Martindale - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,034, Wage=£487
A steady RH batsman and a steady RH finger spin bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: feeble
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: woeful

Listed.

Wages up to 178k from 151k

Last edited:
Proper cack YP, typical when I actually wanted a trainee. Maybe next week. If I don't manage to get one I have no money to purchase a trainee so will have to keep upping the stamina and single netting the existing set of guys I have for another level. Or maybe pick up a couple of cheap 17yos in a few weeks when the gravy train has slowed down.

Wages up to £930k but 350k of that is the elite who'll be gone next week. Will need to add a new bowler at some stage so will probably level off at about £650k.

Cup draw is bugged as usual so I imagine it will be redrawn.

Wages up from 461k to 471k, so no problem there. YP total cack, and we're away to a BOT in the cup.

Mrs BB's wages up to 909k now, looks as though she'll have to sell Hodges unless he gets re-called to the NZ squad. Rubbish YP for her as well, and she's also away to a BOT in the Cup.

terrible YP, med/med/med quickie.

wages 291 from 249.

cup draw- didn't have an easy one to start with but my redraw is worse, ranked 400ish with 4 100k+ players. Might not bother, it buggered me up for the first couple of FC games last season.

I've gone from a one click noob at home to a team ranked about 150 away, nice. I'm sure he's thinking similar!

Will be my elite dog's last match though so should be ok. Depends if he GFIs or not (I won't be as I suspect I'll be playing Muse first up in FC).

I'm looking forward to seeing the updated rankings after the leagues change round. Plenty of promotions between us and with a lot of the top bods giving up or moving countries I can see a big shift upwards for many of us. Of course we'll have to wait until after the first BT20 week for a true reflection due to them making the leagues alphabetical at the start.

Hmmm, with that wage unless you really need a trainee I'd be tempted to take advantage of the Week 1 frenzy. Alternatively you could stick him on two nets and pop him to proficient (2 or 3 weeks max) then sell, though whether the price would be much higher I'm not sure. It's such a lottery.

You will probably be able to pick up a similar trainee in a few weeks for much less if you need one. For the sake of a few weeks training, the premium you pay for Week 1 and 2's isn't worth it. At the end of the day if you start later, you just train for a few week more at the end and you have the same player. It's not like 17yo's form part of any of our 1st teams these days unless they're No. 8 batsmen or similar.

Here he is, put up for sale.

Seamus Clunnie (3862001)

Seamus is a steady RH Batsman, and an attacking RFM Bowler. He has woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and lively fitness.
Plays For: Southend United
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 7,089
Wages: £954 p/w
Preference: Favours Uneven Pitches
Trait: None
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: competent

I got a respectable! First one in ages. But a low one at a wage of £804. Currently going at 5k, ending tomorrow. Pulled Afghan as they're a really good community for the U-19s.

Back