• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Season

MrB

Life President
New leagues are up. How is your season looking?

We're in good shape, nice bonus with the YP means we have £4m in the bank so I will bide my time and when the right player comes up I will look to replace the 34yo Wanless. We have two other 33yos but after that we won't have to replace anyone for a few seasons. 4 first team all rounders and 2 more in training gives us a lot of flexibility. Probably slight overkill but they won't be wasted as even if they don't bowl I'll still need them to bat. Wages at £780k which I can easily break even with now and should really turn a profit if we're winning games.

OD - Narrowly missed out on promotion. The promoted teams shouldn't cause too many problems, especially Seaside Special who have sold up which is a touch. Will likely be between us and Akichita who are holding £1.4m of wages but never seem to GFI which means they sometimes slip up. I reckon we'll finish 2nd but that's fine as it's the following season I'm targetting promotion and a run at the top division.

FC - Another comfy season on the agenda, Legendary Knights relegate who are mid rebuild and UGTF stayed up so that's two guaranteed wins. One of the promoted teams don't look like they'll challenge but annoying the £1.4m of Akichita promoted into the division so I get them on two fronts. Eppleton finished 2nd last season and I expect those two to fight it out and I'll happily sit just behind them.

BT20 - Meh, probably finish 5th or 6th again.

The good news is that in my FC Div IV a bot has come down.

The bad news is that two top 50 teams have come up, so it's going to be brutal and **** me up for the OD league.

Good news on the OD front, the team that has come up doesn't look too strong, and one of the relegated teams is a BOT, plus anothe surviving team went BOT over the summer. With my FC promotion, i am now in a league that looks pretty tight, so plenty of draws on the cards this season. Two teams look worse than mine on paper, with one looking like it should turn BOT soon. Hoping to avoid relegation in BT20, could be tight!

Grr for my franchise, have been promoted to the 2nd toughest league in OD, with only 2 bots in it! That said, looks like one of the other teams might go BOT soon, and having looked at the BTR's and Wages, i am the 2nd or 3rd strongest team on paper... the strongest team have a 136k BTR player, so will probably walk it!

FC- Vulgar Boatmen who are BOT came down, and all the other teams all look pretty equal, hopefully will avoid relegation.

OD - II.2 looks tough with every team ranked higher than me. Toffs XI who came down have sold a lot of their squad are probably the only one I could beat.

BT20 - As long as I win more than I lose I'll be happy.

Just depends on how well I replace my players I'm selling.

FC - 3 of the other 5 teams are bots, and I think we could beat the other two, so hopefully some success here.

BT20 - 9 of the 11 are bots, but the other two better than me, so I guess 3rd place here.

OD - My punishment for promoting. There is just 1 bot, and of the others a good few look better than we do. That said, some decent signings and we could stay up

FC VI - last season 3rd. 2nd has gone bot and a bot relegated. However one of the two promoted teams is very strong. Would like title but predicting 2nd

OD IV - last season missed promotion narrowly in a play off. Big danger is Dazza who only finished 4th last season but clear target is autopromotion

BT III - promoted last season jeez I'm not liking the look of it. Target survival will be tough

Cup - home to bot. Will swap a cup run for OD promotion but would be nice to get to 5th round

2 bots in FC are a Brucie bonus for PFL management. May need to buy one experience bowler for rotation. First I need to hit the ground running and expand ground. Money not an issue for me but expansion assuming I'm top will help finance promo push.

Franchise will finish 2nd in FC, promote in OD and just about survive in BT. All about warchest

Last edited:
FC - Last season finished 3rd, expect 3rd or 4th again.

OD - 3rd again last season, should be at least the same this season.

BT20 - Relegated last season on the last day, could straight back up looking at the other teams.

Ok I can complete this already

FC VI target second finished 3rd courteousy of a defeat with 7 balls to spare for league leader by 2nd. Downside at home first but at least against a bot

OD IV Target of auto promotion achieved. Going for clean sweep though that would relegate Shadybean very active on forum

BT III target survival finished 3rd lost last game which would have seen me promote. I'd have been crucified in II

Cup. Round 8. Best ever

Franchise all as predicted.

Back