• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Shares Issue

macima

Youth Team
SUFC are issuing new shares in the club. I've just got a letter, brouchure and subscription from from Ron Martin about it. Forms have to be submitted by 5pm 19th Feb.

Some details:

296,666 Ordinary shares of 25 pence each at £6 per share. i.e each share will cost you £6.

Half is payable up front, the remainder by 31st March 2008.

Supporters taking up the offer will be able to reserve their season tickets in advance for the new stadium and will be able reserve their season ticket seat for life.

Minimum 20 Shares = £120 - Half payable upfront (£60) (earlier typo fixed).

This offer is open to season ticket holders, members (existing ordinary shareholders) and those persons registered on the Club's supporters mailing list at 29th Jan 2008 and who have purchased at least one match day sales ticket in each of the 2006/7 and 2007/8 seasons.

Shares can be registered in either your name or your childrens' names.

Regarding the new ground, the Inquiry Inspector finished his report and passed it on to the Secretary of State on 21st Dec 2007. The decision can be expected on or before 6th March 2008.

Mark Mac

Last edited:
Hmmm, whats the purchase price and is there a minimum amount you have to take on?

SUFC are issuing new shares in the club. I've just got a letter, brouchure and subscription from from Ron Martin about it. Forms have to be submitted by 19th Feb.

Some details:

296,666 Ordinary shares of 25 pence each at £6 per share.

Half is payable up front, the remainder by 31st March 2008.

Mark Mac

So are they 25p each or £6 each???

How do you express interest in buying some?
Who will they have sent the letters out to?
Well this letter was sent to my 6 year old son - so a bit of a balls up there. But he's a season ticket holder. I'm also a seaso and existing share holder, however I've not received this letter addressed to me yet.

Mark Mac

Yea, I got this today too.

Quite impressive letter and brochure - like where Ron says that if we have any questions then we should just ask him! How nice :-)

Think I may get some shares!

Hmmm ....296,666 shares at 25 quid will raise USD 7,416.650

Just about the same amount announced last week as the "gift" promised to the council for development.....

whats the best email address to use to request some literature?

stereoscene, I have contacted the club for you regarding this and the best email address is info@southend-united.

You are on the mailing list if you have bought over two tickets in the last two years, season ticket holder ect etc so you will recieve the pack shortly if you are

Well this letter was sent to my 6 year old son - so a bit of a balls up there. But he's a season ticket holder. I'm also a seaso and existing share holder, however I've not received this letter addressed to me yet.

Mark Mac

Hmm ... my son is the one in our household that receives the clubs mailouts too, Xmas card and Blues News etc..

Last edited:
This could be just what I need to diversify my pension portfolio.

At the moment I am heavily exposed to Great Wakering Rovers and the Chelmsford Chieftans

There was loads of these feckers about this morning and i was wondering what they were as i didn't get one too!

So to sum up, they're asking for £6 for a 25p share, ie, asking for 24 times the value of the share? Pushing it a tad I must say.

Back