• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New signing incoming...

Thought akinola would be done if happening replacing humphrys not embargo related surly?

I would think that the court appearance tomorrow will come first, then if the case is dismissed it’s over to the football authorities to lift the embargo, then we will probably get signings like the proverbial buses.

Reactions: GBJ
I would think that the court appearance tomorrow will come first, then if the case is dismissed it’s over to the football authorities to lift the embargo, then we will probably get signings like the proverbial buses.
A good CEO would have the EFL primed, transfer forms sent all ready for court case to be dismissed and then players registered as Umbongo done and history until.?..

Atleast 3 by Friday when Ron clears all the dept tomorrow deals are done apparently

Reactions: GBJ
In 18 hours time, we find out if we are successful in court and come through, pay the tax owned and get our embargo’s lifted. If not, we can say bye bye to FL and hello Chelmsford, Billericay, Braintree or Concord Rangers if they come up to Conference or at least two come up!

So the debt will be 1 million ish if covers new taxes. Where has Ron got the money all of a sudden to pay the contracts of 5 or new 6 players. I predict there will be another non payment of salaries saga by Christmas

W
So the debt will be 1 million ish if covers new taxes. Where has Ron got the money all of a sudden to pay the contracts of 5 or new 6 players. I predict there will be another non payment of salaries saga by Christmas

Another non-payment would result in a deduction of points

Think he saved the penalty, didn’t he? Nearly broke my ankle standing on the cement fixing of a drain pipe to see Barry score that day. Fond memories!

Yes... that sparked an initially heated and latterly hilarious post match debate on here between someone who wasn't Paul Smith's no 1 fan - I think it was @davewebbsbrain (sorry mate if it wasn't) - who, in an incredible attempt to find fault with one of the most amazing goalkeeping displays ever seen by man, criticised the fact that he saved the penalty "with the wrong hand".

Unbelievable Jeff.

Last edited:
Sounds about right on SZ. Was an incredible performance. Mark Phillips in midfield that day too if memory serves... *shudder*. Great evening out!

Yes... that sparked an initially heated and latterly hilarious post match debate on here between someone who wasn't Paul Smith's no 1 fan - I think it was @davewebbsbrain (sorry mate if it wasn't) - who, in an incredible attempt to find fault with one of the most incredible goalkeeping displays ever seen by man, criticised the fact that he saved the penalty "with the wrong hand".

Unbelievable Jeff.

Yes... that sparked an initially heated and latterly hilarious post match debate on here between someone who wasn't Paul Smith's no 1 fan - I think it was @davewebbsbrain (sorry mate if it wasn't) - who, in an incredible attempt to find fault with one of the most amazing goalkeeping displays ever seen by man, criticised the fact that he saved the penalty "with the wrong hand".

Unbelievable Jeff.

Yep, fun times they were

Back