• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

happydays

sam togwell signing next week , he was in my letting agent, complete lettings today looking for a place to rent, exchange for cresswell with asmall fee paid. signing monday

Seems a decent enough defensive midfielder, CCC experience, should be in his prime at age 28.

Need to replace Cresswell though.

Christ I really hope among all this doom & gloom lately PB has been busy linging players up.

This guy looks like he could do a job though.

Trouble is its a 1 in 1 out. Doesn't boos numbers. Hopefully Togwell can sign perm soon when hopefully Embargo is lifted.

first as has been said we can sign up to 9 players irrespective embargo
If this is for real I would be happy with it- experienced championship player who would be an ever present and strengthen our midfield. Certainly if Cressy wants out this would be good business. Lets see.

Thing is someone on here wrote to the FL hoping for an explanation of the rules on embargo. The reply was a bit alien to how Brown put it.

Not sure about this, was posted on the rumour site earlier so probably isn't going to happen

Unless the author of this thread happydays posted it on rumours as he seems confident with this news.

IF this is true, then presumably, Cresswell is on his way to Chesterfield. As I understand it, Togwell still has a year on his contract at Chesterfield. I'm sure it will all end up 'well' in the end.

Maybe Southend should forgo the cash and swap Ryan Cresswell for Sam Togwell and Sam Hird (a decent defender by most accounts)

Well if Cresswell wants to go then at least we're getting a tidy player in exchange, Togwell will be a good signing imho (if true). If this happens I'll doff my cap to El Tango on this one.

If this is true and its one in one out .This must mean we can still sign 9 more cant we .

From what I read Togwell is a reliable and dependable player. I was under the impression he was a little injury prone.

If this signing materialises it'll be interesting to see how this pans out with Timlin in mind as he is a kind of sinilar player. Eventual competition for Timlin or replacement? Interesting the text message that was sent to shrimperjon via A friend of Neil Harris where it was claimed Neil felt all out of contract are unlikely to stay here. With Timlin one of those it makes this an interesting saga and you would think Timlin owes the Club for standing by him. Like Hall stayed loyal for a year.

Back