• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm not quite sure where the dislike for Elliot Lee comes from. Looking at his stats he has been building experience with Colchester, nearly us and Luton and scoring a few goals along the way. He's made three appearances for West Ham in the Europa games and scored. What's so desperately wrong with that? Phil obviously reckons the guy so I'm happy for him to come here, if it is him.

[h=2][/h][h=2][/h]

Didn't anyone see luton v Wycombe on sky last season finished 2-3 to Wycombe lee scored luton a 2 and looked the bollocks. Class player

Lee is a good player. Bit harsh to write him off on the back of a 3 in 11 record at a struggling Luton. That's more than a dozen goals over the season which isn't bad for a 20 year old.

Not sure what we have to lose by offering him a deal to say January and see from there. A bit like the Deegan scenario last season, no one was too sure but in the end in certain games he did a good job. Garvan is without a club, so sure he would jump at the chance to at least try and prove he is worth a contract

We have limited budget and centre midfield is the one spot we have quality in depth in.

If money is no doubt tight I think Centre Back and Forward are both more pressing issues.

Lee is a good player. Bit harsh to write him off on the back of a 3 in 11 record at a struggling Luton. That's more than a dozen goals over the season which isn't bad for a 20 year old.

Reminds me of a young player who 'done nothing' on loan at Leicester. He only managed 2 in 13 no idea what he's up to now. I think his name was Harry Kane.

We have limited budget and centre midfield is the one spot we have quality in depth in.

If money is no doubt tight I think Centre Back and Forward are both more pressing issues.

I tend to agree, but Owen Garvan would be a terrific signing.

I think it'll be Luke O'Neill on loan but I'm hoping it's a permanent transfer of Stephen McLaughlin.

I tend to agree, but Owen Garvan would be a terrific signing.

I think it'll be Luke O'Neill on loan but I'm hoping it's a permanent transfer of Stephen McLaughlin.

I reckon it might be McLaughlin you know - he's not been involved with Forest at all so far, wouldn't say no to O'Neill but he's an out and out right back and that's where our captain plays, would rather we signed one if John White gets injured.

you want a left sided player , Tommy Oar ,Australian International is looking for a club also James Troisi a striker also Australian international.Oh sorry they probably out of SUFC price range.

Does anyone really believe it matters? Realistic targets, whatever that means, are going to do what precisely? Suddenly play the way a striker is supposed to? The team has goals in it and certainly more than the meagre return we have seen so far but a change of vision is necessary in the way it is set up.

Last season we benefited from profligate opposition attackers that allowed us to keep so many clean sheets. Anyone as confident that will be the same this season? No, me neither. That means we have to start learning how to score or we will flirt longer with relegation than we will any higher position.

Does anyone really believe it matters? Realistic targets, whatever that means, are going to do what precisely? Suddenly play the way a striker is supposed to? The team has goals in it and certainly more than the meagre return we have seen so far but a change of vision is necessary in the way it is set up.

Last season we benefited from profligate opposition attackers that allowed us to keep so many clean sheets. Anyone as confident that will be the same this season? No, me neither. That means we have to start learning how to score or we will flirt longer with relegation than we will any higher position.

Indeed, just buying another striker would have made no difference last night.

They would have had to deal with exactly what Mooney had to deal with, very little.

We still haven't played all the strikers we have either.

This is the key point - it doesn't matter who we bring in, we do not set up to score goals. Our strikers since the start of Brown have all been good and many of them have been prolific elsewhere. Barnard 0 goals from open play, Coulthirst 3 goals from open play, even Barry Corr who is proving what a goal machine he can be manfully managed 16 last year but has a third of that already with three games gone this season in a team that plays to his strengths.

Now Pigott, Hunt and Mooney, all capable players have failed to score in four games this season.

I applaud Brown for what he did last season but he REALLY hates goals. How are strikers meant to score when they are frequently the only players anywhere near the penalty area?

Whoever he brings in, it'll make no difference. They will struggle to score.

you want a left sided player , Tommy Oar ,Australian International is looking for a club also James Troisi a striker also Australian international.Oh sorry they probably out of SUFC price range.

we look like a club up **** creek without a paddle so this would be perfect :winking:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the key point - it doesn't matter who we bring in, we do not set up to score goals. Our strikers since the start of Brown have all been good and many of them have been prolific elsewhere. Barnard 0 goals from open play, Coulthirst 3 goals from open play, even Barry Corr who is proving what a goal machine he can be manfully managed 16 last year but has a third of that already with three games gone this season in a team that plays to his strengths.

Now Pigott, Hunt and Mooney, all capable players have failed to score in four games this season.

I applaud Brown for what he did last season but he REALLY hates goals. How are strikers meant to score when they are frequently the only players anywhere near the penalty area?

Whoever he brings in, it'll make no difference. They will struggle to score.

It is rather mad regarding the lack of goals !

Imagine if a match started at 4pm and finished at 10pm and we had managed just one goal with that goal being classy or damn lucky,we would leave the ground absolutely shell shocked and of course knackered.

Phil's mindset is IMO from another era and has no place in the modern game,It seems as though he is playing chess with his players,why is he so afraid of going guns blazing.

He has signed these guys and ultimately will destroy them.

Back