• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rowe23

Youth Team⭐
I work for Insure&Go and overheard a conversation regarding our sponsorship ending with Southend and they will not be renewing the deal!

So looks as though we getting a new sponsor. Any heads of who it will be?

Im sure we will get the usual Sainsbury remarks and spin on Ron.

I work for Insure&Go and overheard a conversation regarding our sponsorship ending with Southend and they will not be renewing the deal!

Hope you won't have to look for a new job for posting this.

Not sure if I would have revealed this if I was an employee - commercial sensisitivity and all that. Insure and Go have been great supporters of this club and their money has been invaluable during the last few years but they may now feel it's right for a change. Will the new sponsors be linked with the new stadium, who knows. If this titbit of info is correct then we must thank the old sponsors and welcome the new.

I'm leaving in the net future so I don't think I've got to worry about loss of my job, but thank you for the concern. I agree I&G have been very good sponsors with unto wold support through out their sponsorship.

Shame, I really like the Insure&Go sponsor, it looks good on the shirt and they are a pretty decent company. Sainsburys anyone?

My grand daughter worked for insure and go for a number of years and she was not within hearing distance of any sensitive information, guess you must be in a high up position lol.

Chris Phillips just tweeted this:
Insure & Go will not be sponsoring Southend United next season.
@SUFCRootsHall@Essex_Echo

could leave us in even more financial turmoil

It's not as if we didn't know it was likely to happen. The probability has been rumbling round SZ for a couple of months. No doubt another sponsor will appear soon.

Dont think there was a lot of discrediting going on to be honest, just one comment which only said believe it when he sees it.

Comment I made on twitter in reply to Chris Phillips as we knew about this on here a month ago so hopefully a replacement will be in place. Or is that wildly optimistic of me ? :smile:

Or was the decision made a month ago and only just communicated to the club ?

Eddie Stobart has been mooted here before, but wouldn't Rossi's be a great sponsor? Local company, nationally-renowned, and could maybe set up a deal with supplying ice cream in and around kids' section?

Back