• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New sriker please.

blue heaven

Coach
Please Tilly go out and get a quality striker,if we had one yesterday we would of won the game at a cantor.The amount of chances we had yesterday were criminal.We Cant go on with Paynter/Harrold/Hooper they just are not upto scratch at this level.Freddy is suffering without a decent partner.

who pray and where's the money coming from? A top class striker on form is what we need agreed. A top class striker commands mega buck wages and massive transfer fee which is why we have to gamble on players like Paynter, Harrold and Ricketts. If only it were so easy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Soton Blue @ Oct. 29 2006,16:42)]Is the lad at Swansea, Knight, who is out of favour worth a punt?
Pace and ability yes - reputation and the trouble he's reputed to cause no.

I fear that unless we turn this round and get 5 wins and 3 draws out of our next 8 games come the January transfer window we would have been left behind and it'll be too late to rectify the situation.

If indeed the situation as far as a quality striker is concerned is as bad as you state and that Tilly agrees with you then considering whats at stake for the club in the long run RM would be prepared to find the required money to fund such a transfer.

I'll have a quality, speedy CM as well while we're at too please Tilly.

We're hardly off the pace now, 4 points off 19th, Thats easilly achievable. Keep the Faith!

4 POINTS OFF 19TH!

You could have Wayne Rooney or Terry Henry up front, but unless they created the goal on their own, they would score FA. A creative midfielder or two is needed more than anything else.

I keep reading on here how unlucky Southend were yesterday, but what everybody keeps forgetting is Leeds were content to sit back & counter attack once they went 1-0 up. Anybody can play nice football when the oppo stick everybody behind the ball & wait for you to attack.

Stack made one exceptional save from a header (from Clarke, I think), stop a weak left foot shot from Eastwood & one shot hit the post. All this was in the period that we had several corners, but as usual & as I keep saying, we couldn't win a header against a team of Umpah Lumpahs!

When teams "shut up shop" or come to the Hall for the draw, the need for something creative is most important. Our players aren't mugs & have the ability to score goals, that said another proven goalscorer is another must to add to the shopping list.

Personally i would love for Ron Martin to smash our transfer record and offer say £750k for a certain striker at scunthorpe. Some of you might find that foolish , but if we are to be taken seriously and stay in this league then bold steps must be taken. Before you all jump on my back , about the money after the man u game this wont be a problem.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blue heaven @ Oct. 29 2006,14:52)]won the game at a cantor
Cantors%20tale%20-%20cantor%20250.jpg

rock.gif

Not sure how a Cantor  will help our cause, but we'd probably pick him up for a song.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Big Shrimp @ Oct. 29 2006,23:57)]Would we sign Cantor? Nah!!

tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Very good. Would his song be "I Get a Kick Out of You"?

According to the Sunday People Ade Akinbiyi is set to be sold by Sheffied United in the January transfer window. Apparently, we're in the hunt for him along with Burnley, Stoke and Derby.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Oct. 29 2006,20:58)]Personally i would love for Ron Martin to smash our transfer record and offer say £750k for a certain striker at scunthorpe. Some of you might find that foolish , but if we are to be taken seriously and stay in this league then bold steps must be taken. Before you all jump on my back , about the money after the man u game this wont be a problem.
Id say it was foolish because theres no chance of getting Sharp for 750k!

Sharp is one of the best strikers in the football league and must be worth 1m plus.

Thing is we have one of the best strikers in the country here already, thats not the reason we are where we are. After all even if Sharp was here scoring a goal a game we wouldnt have many more points than we already have.

The sad truth is that for all the teams 110% performances we are not skillfull enough to win games. Effort will only get you so far. We need somebody else who can score and take defenders away from eastwood and vice versa. We were able to turn down the money offered for freddy because we are well run. Are scunthorpe in the same boat? Could they afford to turn down that kind of cash with a sell on? Premiership kids will not come here because A) we are not going for promotion and B) We cant afford them. We have to get the best players from the lower leagues. An attacking midfielder would be very nice aswell.

Scunthorpe have already turned down a £1m bid for Sharp!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Oct. 30 2006,09:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Oct. 29 2006,20:58)]Personally i would love for Ron Martin to smash our transfer record and offer say £750k for a certain striker at scunthorpe. Some of you might find that foolish , but if we are to be taken seriously and stay in this league then bold steps must be taken. Before you all jump on my back , about the money after the man u game this wont be a problem.
Id say it was foolish because theres no chance of getting Sharp for 750k!

Sharp is one of the best strikers in the football league and must be worth 1m plus.

Thing is we have one of the best strikers in the country here already, thats not the reason we are where we are. After all even if Sharp was here scoring a goal a game we wouldnt have many more points than we already have.
Ye, i reckon sharp's in the same league as Freddy, both very good young strikers who both are probably worth at least £1m+

Pud Eastwood on the bench this Tuesday night.. We won without him, thus he should have to force his way back into the 'winning' team

Back