• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Looks like Sainsbury have agreed a pay-off with Sale Appliances on Vic Ave.

A step closer?

sale.jpg

I thought that had been agreed yonks ago.

Its Mr Pizzaman I thought was outstanding.

I love Ron Martin......................................*

( * in a man way )

Im defo certain that it is the **** hole pizza place on the corner that is the problem!

Im defo certain that it is the **** hole pizza place on the corner that is the problem!

That's why I always get annoyed when I see Southend fans in there before or after games - we should be picketing the place not giving him business!

That's why I always get annoyed when I see Southend fans in there before or after games - we should be picketing the place not giving him business!

Why the bloke has his business and I am sure if the club or Sainsbury offered him a very decent deal he would accept it?

Totally agree mate, all the time people keep going in and buying food from him he will prolong the sale.

I think Sainsbury are doing most of the driving, certainly the good parts. Lets hope they sort out Prospects etc shortly.

Just an observation, but when there is any sort of hold up, Ron gets slated, when the hold up is sorted Sainsburies get the credit.... Most of the hold up recently has been instigated by Sainsburies changing plans, refusing to complete on Prospects, etc.

Just an observation, but when there is any sort of hold up, Ron gets slated, when the hold up is sorted Sainsburies get the credit.... Most of the hold up recently has been instigated by Sainsburies changing plans, refusing to complete on Prospects, etc.

Thats not true at all. Sainsbury didnt hold anything up, all they did was wait till the council gave the green light, Im sure they are sick of pumping money into the project without it progressing. Hence they put the Prospects sale on hold.

The change in plans that caused delays was us not being able to build 4 stands so we had to get the phased build agreed. Our fault, not Sainsbury.

Reason Ron gets flack for hold ups is because when theres a hold up its because its down to Ron.

And yes when Sainsbury sort things out for us (as they are here) they get the credit.

When the stadium is built Sainsbury get the credit for the 3 stands they build, I shall pour credit all over Ron Martin when he builds his part.

Thats not true at all. Sainsbury didnt hold anything up, all they did was wait till the council gave the green light, Im sure they are sick of pumping money into the project without it progressing. Hence they put the Prospects sale on hold.

The change in plans that caused delays was us not being able to build 4 stands so we had to get the phased build agreed. Our fault, not Sainsbury.

Its because when theres a hold up its because its down to Ron.

And yes when Sainsbury sort things out for us (as they are here) they get the credit.

When the stadium is built Sainsbury get the credit for the 3 stands they build, I shall pour credit all over Ron Martin when he builds his part.

Nope. They went back to the council for an alteration to the Supermarket at Roots Hall.

Nope. They went back to the council for an alteration to the Supermarket at Roots Hall.

They did, but that was minor and not the cause of the delays.

The delay and the meetings required this month were following SUFC wanting to phase the build and to pay less than the 6million compensation (which Sainsbury obviously got behind as its them that will have to pay it)

Back