• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'll be in The Lake District, probably climbing Skiddaw.

Ok, it's exciting that we're finally making a bit of progress, but it also underlines how far backwards we have gone over the last 5 odd years, i.e. we're back to public consultation events before even applying for planning permission. We really are back to square one. However, at least there is light at the end of the tunnel now.

The key point is the scheme has now a partner/funder for who the scheme itself is the sole purpose and their core business - hence more likely to happen.

Wonder if my entry for the 'name the road' competition that was launched years ago is still in with a shout? I'm going to ask when I go along.

We need answers!!!

The great news is that British Land plc are involved and are fully committed. The bad news is it's still a long way off because getting Southend Council and government approval will be very difficult, and may spark another public inquiry. This will still run and run.

The great news is that British Land plc are involved and are fully committed. The bad news is it's still a long way off because getting Southend Council and government approval will be very difficult, and may spark another public inquiry. This will still run and run.

Wouldn't think a company as successful as BL would be getting involved if they didn't think this could get approval though.

However I do feel that British Land are unlikely to let it drag any longer than necessary.
Ron tried but,for whatever the reason,, funds etc, he lacked to nous, ability or whatever, to get the momentum up, I think BL have what it takes, as long as they are allowed to do what they do best.

So the new plans are indeed like Orient, with flats in the corners of the ground. Shame it has gone back to the drawing board and my concern now is the project is just too big to get permission at local/government level as it is. This will take a very long time again to get past the red tape I think, with modifications needed.

Are reputable and experienced firms like British Land know for randomly submitting pointless applications?

Well Ron Woodley for Southend Council has already said he is not happy with the new bigger plans, and the effect it will have on traffic and the High Street etc etc.

Back