• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Stadium now at Advanced stage - in Echo 3/8/06

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gilbo @ Aug. 03 2006,17:51)]can't wait to see the new plans!!
As per costs of new stadiums in the other thread, unfortunately I think it will be a very basic design. As long as we don't build all our hopes up and if we end up with something similar to Swansea rather than Northampton/Walsall/Scunthorpe then we should be happy?

Something along the lines of The Liberty will be most welcome..

As long as its an enclosed bowl type design, with plenty of leg room and bars/food outlets i'll be happy..

If it ends up being like Millwall et al I'll be thoroughly disappointed.

Do I not like Identikit stadiums!

laugh.gif

HOK Sport are the designers not the actual builders of the stadia they have been involved in.

Which are

Stadium Arizona Cardinals Stadium
Stadium Cleveland Browns Stadium
Stadium Colorado Rapids Soccer Stadium
Stadium Emirates Stadium
Stadium Galpharm Stadium
Stadium Georgia Tech, Bobby Dodd Stadium Expansion
Stadium Gillette Stadium
Stadium Heinz Field
Stadium Hong Kong Stadium
Stadium M&T Bank Stadium
Stadium Melbourne Cricket Ground Redevelopment
Stadium Nanjing Sportsplex
Stadium New Wembley Stadium
Stadium Paetec Park
Stadium Penn State University, Beaver Stadium Expansion
Stadium Reebok Stadium
Stadium Reliant Stadium
Stadium Suncorp Stadium
Stadium Telstra Dome
Stadium Telstra Stadium
Stadium University of Oklahoma, Memorial Stadium Improvements
Stadium Virginia Tech, Lane Stadium Expansion
Stadium Westpac Stadium

Well they have certainly designed some very, very nice stadia....

Let's hope ours is of a similar standard...

Looking at some of their stadia, they do seem to like the dome shaped roofing, what's the betting our's will incorporate this type of structure too?...

Exciting times.

Let's hope we are not let down again.

smile.gif

I seem to remember Uncle Ron telling us how impressed he was with the Liberty Stadium and he certainly wasn't alone on that one... the acoustics was superb in there, so much so that my ears were still ringing when I got outside.
wink.gif

If ours is a similar design to that, I will be more than happy.

The article almost makes out like it's going to be plain sailing once we get the plans into the council.

You only have to ask Brighton fans to see that theres a few more hurdles yet before the Collymore Stadium is built.

Looking at Echo, the Council seem to behind us 100% (unlike few years ago in late 90's) & they cannot wait to see the new stadium in the town. If the Council is not behind us, then we have a problem. Ask Brighton!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Aug. 04 2006,12:23)]You only have to ask Brighton fans to see that theres a few more hurdles yet before the Collymore Stadium is built.
biggrin.gif

Not the CollymArena?

What about Sid Broomfield? Oliver Trigg? Other influential people in the history of Southend United? Collymore?! He was good but he wasn't that good that he should have a bloody stadium or even a stand named after him!! If he was that sentimental about the Shrimpers, how come he didn't help bail us out of trouble just a few years ago?!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 05 2006,21:28)]What about Sid Broomfield? Oliver Trigg? Other influential people in the history of Southend United? Collymore?! He was good but he wasn't that good that he should have a bloody stadium or even a stand named after him!! If he was that sentimental about the Shrimpers, how come he didn't help bail us out of trouble just a few years ago?!
Yep Collymore was good for us, all 33 games. The way Eastwood is going he should/will have a stand named after him way before Collymore!

Eastwood has a slightly better goal ratio than Collymore - 1.74 as opposed to 1.83 - and therefore would deserve it more. But what amuses me most is the apparent obssession with Collymore. He left the club 13 years ago after just 33 games - he was good but let's put it into context please. He says that his short time at Southend United was the best time of his life; great way to sell more autobiographies in Southend, eh?! I know many ex-players who have said the same thing and they're not being placed high upon marble pedestal! If Collymore sat in the stands week-after-week shouting for the Shrimpers then things would be different. But he doesn't. And I'm yet to be convinced that the first page he looks at on a Sunday morning is for Southend United's result!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 06 2006,11:27)]He says that his short time at Southend United was the best time of his life; great way to sell more autobiographies in Southend, eh?!
Behave. He was just telling it how it was.

I wouldn't sell that many in Notts or Liverpool.

Stanley was a legend stopped us getting relegated and earned nearly £4m for the club. I think he deserves some respect. Stadium after him? No. But a stand would be a nice touch.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 06 2006,11:27)]Eastwood has a slightly better goal ratio than Collymore - 1.74 as opposed to 1.83 - and therefore would deserve it more. But what amuses me most is the apparent obssession with Collymore. He left the club 13 years ago after just 33 games - he was good but let's put it into context please. He says that his short time at Southend United was the best time of his life; great way to sell more autobiographies in Southend, eh?! I know many ex-players who have said the same thing and they're not being placed high upon marble pedestal! If Collymore sat in the stands week-after-week shouting for the Shrimpers then things would be different. But he doesn't. And I'm yet to be convinced that the first page he looks at on a Sunday morning is for Southend United's result!
Collymore was mercurial though, a claim that no-one that I've seen at Southend can really claim to be other than....well....Eastwood. Until Eastwood proves himself at the highest domestic level to be a striker that every defence fears, Collymore will still be #1.

Back