• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spot on Jai. But what also has me staggered is the almost nonchalant attitude shown by a large majority of our fanbase, towards the whole FF situation. Why are the fans seemingly content with this situation?

Myself, I am deeply concerned (nothing new some will say) but I genuinely am. How can a League One club (god forbid League 2 again the way we are going) with £14m of debt, losing circa. £2m a season, survive in what is a rapidly deteriorating stadium?

Why are the fans not questioning the silence, the situation?

Do they not care, or are they massively more confident than I am that FF will come off?

I really am gobsmacked with what our fanbase will tolerate, not just on the FF scenario either. I think the club can count themselves very fortunate that we appear to be a very content and won't say boo to a goose contingent. Imagine the likes of Leeds/Millwall putting up with this?....Christ even Northampton had a good old pop at their regime about the uncomplete stand.

I for one have had more than enough, I just wish there were more and we could get our heads together and discuss how something can be done about it. Until then I just hope the club survives and FF comes off. If it doesn't, well it will be too late to do anything about it.

Agree with what your saying.,

The finances of the club and the stadium fiasco concern me more than the current issues on the pitch or whether PB is up to managing this club. I see a bigger problem at board level.

Every week people vent their spleens about PB, and to extent have made their feelings clear at home games, however a protest against RM and the way the club is currently being run is rarely raised.

Agree with what your saying.,

The finances of the club and the stadium fiasco concern me more than the current issues on the pitch or whether PB is up to managing this club. I see a bigger problem at board level.

Every week people vent their spleens about PB, and to extent have made their feelings clear at home games, however a protest against RM and the way the club is currently being run is rarely raised.

Absolutely spot on. This club has a bleak future with ron Martin in charge.

Maybe Southend fans just feel powerless and can't see what they can do about the situation. The best option to me is for fans to actively try to find someone who wants to buy the club. Ron doesn't appear to have any intention of putting the club up for sale but if someone made an sensible offer (enough for him to pay his debts and have enough left over for a retirement fund) he might listen. Are there Southend fans who work in the business world or the city who could take the lead on this?
ps I am well aware as I typed this how ridiculously naïve I sound but just trying to come up with something

Maybe Southend fans just feel powerless and can't see what they can do about the situation. The best option to me is for fans to actively try to find someone who wants to buy the club. Ron doesn't appear to have any intention of putting the club up for sale but if someone made an sensible offer (enough for him to pay his debts and have enough left over for a retirement fund) he might listen. Are there Southend fans who work in the business world or the city who could take the lead on this?
ps I am well aware as I typed this how ridiculously naïve I sound but just trying to come up with something

How much would it cost to put and advert in the 'Arab Billionaire Cronicle' ? :smile:

This talk about someone buying the club seems close to pointless to me. Even Smiffy, pretty much the biggest Ron Martin sceptic I'm aware of, acknowledges that this is what Ron Martin needs to happen. He's pot committed. He doesn't get out of this without hitting the jackpot and whilst I'm sure here would be loads of people happy to buy the club I doubt anyone would come close to paying what Ron needs to get out solvent.

I really am gobsmacked with what our fanbase will tolerate, not just on the FF scenario either. I think the club can count themselves very fortunate that we appear to be a very content and won't say boo to a goose contingent. Imagine the likes of Leeds/Millwall putting up with this?....Christ even Northampton had a good old pop at their regime about the uncomplete stand.

I for one have had more than enough, I just wish there were more and we could get our heads together and discuss how something can be done about it. Until then I just hope the club survives and FF comes off. If it doesn't, well it will be too late to do anything about it.

But what can we actually do? If we all just stayed away the club goes under, and protesting is basically pointless because as we have seen in the past Ron doesn't care.

This talk about someone buying the club seems close to pointless to me. Even Smiffy, pretty much the biggest Ron Martin sceptic I'm aware of, acknowledges that this is what Ron Martin needs to happen. He's pot committed. He doesn't get out of this without hitting the jackpot and whilst I'm sure here would be loads of people happy to buy the club I doubt anyone would come close to paying what Ron needs to get out solvent.
I totally agree. RM has far too much invested via his companies in our debt and will not leave unless that debt is repaid at the very least or he hits the 'Jackpot' if a new stadium along the lines of FF were to be built.

It appears that the rumour of BL withdrawing appears to be true and the lack of any announcements from the club concerning the proposed development nearly a year ago seems to be further testament to it.

I agree that the whole future of the club is in peril without a new stadium in the very near future as rightly it has been mentioned the debt keeps on rising and there will be a point that it becomes intolerable and we end up in crisis.

RM has done well to keep our heads above water however after repeated promises who appears to have failed yet again.

I totally agree. RM has far too much invested via his companies in our debt and will not leave unless that debt is repaid at the very least or he hits the 'Jackpot' if a new stadium along the lines of FF were to be built.

It appears that the rumour of BL withdrawing appears to be true and the lack of any announcements from the club concerning the proposed development nearly a year ago seems to be further testament to it.

I agree that the whole future of the club is in peril without a new stadium in the very near future as rightly it has been mentioned the debt keeps on rising and there will be a point that it becomes intolerable and we end up in crisis.

RM has done well to keep our heads above water however after repeated promises who appears to have failed yet again.

I see that to be the case too. The worrying an d frustrating thing is that Ronald just doesn't keep in touch with the fans who are the life blood of the club.

Whether it be good news or bad, most fans would appreciate being advised. We will no doubt be told when the stadium is happening or when it becomes a crisis point.

It's so worrying and really disheartening to hear nothing whilst roots hall Is literally rotting before our eyes.

As tommy states above, the silence is deafening. Even an honest statement saying I am struggling to deliver a stadium because I'm skint and cannot raise the funds necessary...but I am looking etc etc would be appreciated by many.

I haven't posted it before, but at the fans forum SK did state that Ron had received enquiries regarding selling and has a stock reply of ' its not for sale ' before even looking at them . Looking at the positive side this does show that there are interested people out there (assuming the enquiries were genuine of course). Additionally two guys at the forum said that they were 'very sucssesful local Property developers' and wanted to speak to Ron regarding investment but (if my memory serves me) Ron was not taking their calls. I have no idea if the guys were genuine /big time/small time/ dreamers etc etc. (surely if you are serious you can get a meeting?) But trying to be positive again, people want to invest

I haven't posted it before, but at the fans forum SK did state that Ron had received enquiries regarding selling and has a stock reply of ' its not for sale ' before even looking at them . Looking at the positive side this does show that there are interested people out there (assuming the enquiries were genuine of course). Additionally two guys at the forum said that they were 'very sucssesful local Property developers' and wanted to speak to Ron regarding investment but (if my memory serves me) Ron was not taking their calls. I have no idea if the guys were genuine /big time/small time/ dreamers etc etc. (surely if you are serious you can get a meeting?) But trying to be positive again, people want to invest

And this is exactly why as detailed in my previous posts, I am concerned.

It's Ron's way or bust. To not even listen to offers is unbelievable and an unforgivable gamble with our clubs very existence.

If there are any board members lurking about on here (I know one or two pop on now and then) Is it not about time you spoke up against this man and put the clubs and fans interests first?.....you are as accountable as he is and you will also go down in flames if something doesn't change soon. Grow a pair and facilitate change. Please.

There is no doubt the most frustrating thing is the lack of news, good or bad. Maybe one of those banners like they used to have at Old Trafford stating how many days it was since Man City won anything should be hung between the south upper & lower at every game showing how many days since we had any stadium news!

RM was happy to listen to offers for the club , its the offers for SEL and RHL he is not listening to.

IRC the Blue knights consortium, wanted the club, Roots Hall and B&L , basically for nothing , just clearing the debts

RM was happy to listen to offers for the club , its the offers for SEL and RHL he is not listening to.

IRC the Blue knights consortium, wanted the club, Roots Hall and B&L , basically for nothing , just clearing the debts

Well that is madness..all the debts the club have, have been loaded by RM's other companies, which own everything in the tangled web he weaves to the tune of 14 mill so far..Paper debt of course...he has NEVER Loaned the club that much money as he never had it in the first place..He rides high on the future on cleared debts for all.....BL maybe have sussed him out if they have pulled out...

Of course he would sell the club if it cleared his personal companies debts... I hardly think there are many riding in on White horses to do that...It would make no sense to even the most naive of businessmen.

This is a one man ride and always has been....RM is that one man who has to keep us alive....otherwise he is sunk like us.

Club goes broke...Ron builds on RH....Ron makes millions.
Club remains solvent....Ron makes a tidy sum every year.
Club moves to FF...Ron hits the jackpot.

Ron wins on every single aspect IMO .

To add if anybody can show me a set of accounts link where SEL, RHL and all the other myriad of companies have ever made any money in the first place to loan the club so much, I would be more than interested.

A few searches....

SOUTHEND UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED(THE)2ND FLOOR, 45 GROSVENOR ROAD, ST. ALBANS, HERTFORDSHIRE, AL1 3AW
ACTIVE00089767

• Cash: £15.9k
  • Net Worth: £-14,359,473

• Assets: £583.4k
  • Liabilities: £15.5M

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/03710296/ROOTS-HALL-LIMITED

MARTIN DAWN PLC

• Cash: £9,817
  • Net Worth: £-6,686,112

• Assets: £6.5M
  • Liabilities: £16.4M

ROOTS HALL LIMITED2ND FLOOR, 45 GROSVENOR ROAD, ST ALBANS, HERTS, AL1 3AW
ACTIVE03710296

• Cash: £0
  • Net Worth: £-666,347

• Assets: £15.1M
  • Liabilities: £22.6M

To add if anybody can show me a set of accounts link where SEL, RHL and all the other myriad of companies have ever made any money in the first place to loan the club so much, I would be more than interested.
All the money owed by sufc to group companies have been borrowed by those companies. Because those companies own the assets which the loans have been secured against.
Property companies always have a number of companies under their control as it makes selling the land / property easier and I believe its more tax efficient.
iirc MD borrowed against a parcel of land in Benfleet. Rhl against Roots Hall and SEL aginat B&l. All the money was duly loaned to SUFC to cover running costs when needed, ie when HMRC came calling

Back