• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A few searches....

SOUTHEND UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED(THE)2ND FLOOR, 45 GROSVENOR ROAD, ST. ALBANS, HERTFORDSHIRE, AL1 3AW
ACTIVE00089767

• Cash: £15.9k
  • Net Worth: £-14,359,473

• Assets: £583.4k
  • Liabilities: £15.5M

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/03710296/ROOTS-HALL-LIMITED

MARTIN DAWN PLC

• Cash: £9,817
  • Net Worth: £-6,686,112

• Assets: £6.5M
  • Liabilities: £16.4M

ROOTS HALL LIMITED2ND FLOOR, 45 GROSVENOR ROAD, ST ALBANS, HERTS, AL1 3AW
ACTIVE03710296

• Cash: £0
  • Net Worth: £-666,347

• Assets: £15.1M
  • Liabilities: £22.6M

Eye watering.

How any of those are classed as a solvent business is a mystery.

Eye watering.

How any of those are classed as a solvent business is a mystery.
Those figures are extremely worrying to say the least. Sooner rather than later there will be a point reached when the debt will be too great to service and with the dreadful state of RH and the alleged withdrawal of BL that is likely to be close.

Very worrying times ahead....

It is encouraging to see quite a few posts on this thread, we can all be easily be side tracked by discussing on the field matters when the major issue involving our club is it's massive and increasing debt and no progress whatsoever on the project FF that could potentially save us. We should all be very concerned. It is a shame that there is little us fans can do but sit and suffer.

Can anyone make head or tail of all the charges made against Roots Hall and B&L??

To my eyes it looks like Sainsbury pretty much have the lot if loans are not repaid, is that correct?

It is encouraging to see quite a few posts on this thread, we can all be easily be side tracked by discussing on the field matters when the major issue involving our club is it's massive and increasing debt and no progress whatsoever on the project FF that could potentially save us. We should all be very concerned. It is a shame that there is little us fans can do but sit and suffer.
I agree. It's the biggest threat to our entire future and should be the number one topic most of the time.

I agree. It's the biggest threat to our entire future and should be the number one topic most of the time.

The problem being when we don't any get any new information discussion tends to turn into the same merry go round of speculation and/or Ron bashing.

Can anyone make head or tail of all the charges made against Roots Hall and B&L??

To my eyes it looks like Sainsbury pretty much have the lot if loans are not repaid, is that correct?

But they broke a contract surely that must count for something in our favour?

Sainsbury's went ages ago, all loans were written off but might remain on the books for some reason. As far as I know anyway. They're refurbishing the London Road store.

An update on where the club stands on a move is long overdue. Good or bad news. I , like most fans just want the truth.

We aren't going to get anything from the club or British Land. The only way we'll get the truth is through someone doing some digging, the Echo? Although they've pretty much laid off all their staff so they'll be too snowed under writing clickbait or regurgitating press releases to fill pages to do any actual journalism.

We aren't going to get anything from the club or British Land. The only way we'll get the truth is through someone doing some digging, the Echo? Although they've pretty much laid off all their staff so they'll be too snowed under writing clickbait or regurgitating press releases to fill pages to do any actual journalism.
RM will not wish to authorise a statement from the club concerning the alleged withdrawal of BL for obvious reasons. As each day goes by I am getting more and more convinced that BL have done so, as there is no news whatsoever concerning the stadium.
Its very close to year since the exhibition was held about the new stadium plans and since we have heard practically nothing!!!Even PB who used to mention in interviews about what a great future the club has with FF has stopped doing so for some time.

I would be totally and utterly amazed in BL are still involved....

Fossets farm

I know we have a separate forum concerning this however we are now approaching the first anniversary of yet another proposal for the development of a new stadium and we have heard absolutely nothing from the club.

Rumours are that British Land have withdrawn from the development.

There appears to be a certain amount of apathy concerning this which is probably brought about numerous other proposals over the years which have all come to nothing, however without a new stadium or other major financial input the clubs whole future is seriously in doubt.

Somehow we need to put pressure on the club and RM for an explanation and update....

I know we have a separate forum concerning this however we are now approaching the first anniversary of yet another proposal for the development of a new stadium and we have heard absolutely nothing from the club.

There appears to be a certain amount of apathy concerning this which is probably brought about numerous other proposals over the years which have all come to nothing, however without a new stadium or other major financial input the clubs whole future is seriously in doubt.

Somehow we need to put pressure on the club and RM for an explanation and update....
In view of the opening 7 words, could this post be moved to the separate forum?

One which many do not read. That is why I posted it here to mark the anniversary of no progress at all!!!
If we had a thread for every anniversary then the post count on here would be much higher! Have merged your thread with a re-direct so it will still get some attention from Chit Chat.

It should be something the Supporters Trust should do, doubt we'd get any answers. Does Ron have a public email?

Back