• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Stadium Pictures

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
Does anyone remember the computer generated image of the new stadium that was shown about a year or so ago? I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find it.

CHEERS it is just i have an incling that the club are going to take the cheap road! with not the great satdium you can in that pic!

Is that the only pic available?

Yep ...

fossetsfarm.jpg

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ May 02 2004,11:55)]Yep ...

fossetsfarm.jpg

WS
Looks quality, but a score says that the grass on the outside of the stadium won't be there!

Also, can we move the floodlights from Roots Hall to the new stadium please, cos they are traditional, proper floodlights.
smile.gif

See what you mean Chadded although im not sure it would be feasible and the cost, also wud it really look in place in a brand new stadium.

Id like to see the Frank Walton Clock taken and perhaps name the stadium New Roots Hall ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ May 02 2004,14:47)]Also, can we move the floodlights from Roots Hall to the new stadium please, cos they are traditional, proper floodlights.  
smile.gif
yeah I'm with you there, can't beat seeing the floodlights looming up from behind a load of houses.
I understand, dunno if true, that when Brizzle Rivers left thier old stadium one of the floodlights was left. Bit of art.
I hate those built in lights housed in the roof.

and we really mustn't forget to take the 1st class scoreboard with us
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 02 2004,15:26)]See what you mean Chadded although im not sure it would be feasible and the cost, also wud it really look in place in a brand new stadium.

Id like to see the Frank Walton Clock taken and perhaps name the stadium New Roots Hall ?
Maybe, but its only a load of metal being moved about a mile across Southend. If they can dismantle Concorde and ship half of it to Scotland and send the other half in the post, four floodlights shouldn't be a problem!
biggrin.gif

And I for one hope that the new stadium is called Fossetts Farm. Roots Hall Stadium is I think, built on, amongst other things, Roots Hall. Although to be honest, so long we don't sell the naming rights to a company with a silly name, I don't care.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ May 02 2004,16:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 02 2004,15:26)]See what you mean Chadded although im not sure it would be feasible and the cost, also wud it really look in place in a brand new stadium.

Maybe, but its only a load of metal being moved about a mile across Southend. If they can dismantle Concorde and ship half of it to Scotland and send the other half in the post, four floodlights shouldn't be a problem!  
biggrin.gif

And I for one hope that the new stadium is called Fossetts Farm. Roots Hall Stadium is I think, built on, amongst other things, Roots Hall. Although to be honest, so long we don't sell the naming rights to a company with a silly name, I don't care.  
smile.gif
The Martin Dawn Arena
biggrin.gif

i think selling the name will be inevitable unfortunatley.

Maybe that should be a whole new thread.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShrimperJim @ May 02 2004,17:29)]The Martin Dawn Arena  
biggrin.gif
Exactly.

Who in their right mind would call a football stadium an Arena? It beggars belief, it really does.  
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 02 2004,15:26)]... perhaps name the stadium New Roots Hall ?
The Broomfield Stadium

in honour of Sid Broomfield, who also single-handedly built Roots Hall ...

Roots Hall is a footballing monument, fianced by a then considerable £74,000 raised in the 50s by Southend's supporters' club. Sid Broomfield, now 75, was working on the farm belonging to Southend's chairman, Alderman H H Smith. "He came up to me one day, and he said Sid: 'I've got a little job for you'".

The job was to transform, single-handedly at first, a huge, stinking rubbish dump into a football ground. Broomfield dug out 30 feet of sand, finding such things as cookers, bike frames and mattresses underneath. He names the few men who mucked in: "My brother Ken, brother-in-law Arthur, Peter Starkey, Henry Turnage, Ernie Bibby, and his mate Fred, Chango Wayland...Just a few men with heart"

Southend's players were paid 3s 6d an hour in the close season to work on the ground, marshalled by the goalkeeper, Harry Threadgold. The stadium finally opened in 1955, but it took Broomfield until 1962 to lay, block by concrete block, the 72 step South Bank terrace. "It was hard work" he says. "But I did enjoy it. The club was friendly, like a family. The supporters deserve great credit for financing it."

WS

The New Hall sounds ok, But a link to the original fans who got the money together for roots hall for me is the only way to go,

But if a company wants to sponsor the stadium what price would we get for there name being ournew stadium name.

How about surrounding it with water and calling it the Adventure Island Stadium. A cool £1.000,000 should buy that honour.

Bruce Shrimpsteen

Born to Shrimp.

Back