• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And I believe that shows us that the building company are these people https://www.mclarengroup.com/
That may be for the ground works and drainage only?

Also like the new shrimper pond. :stunned::thumbsup:

f6ECP4.png

When will we get to see the actual plans submitted? Considering the amount of effort that went into the plans I'd assume they will be available soon.

Sherrif. What are your thoughts on the current situation?

Something I thought about today.

I wonder if future expansion provisions have been put in? God knows what will happen to us in the future but we don't REALLY want to (by some miracle) get into the promised land and not be able to expand our new stadium beyond 21,000 seats. I know a lot of c.20,000 seat new stadia have provision for expansion up to c30,000......will we be able to do this with flats surrounding the stadium?

I like the thinking, I really do. Most modern stadiums are built these days with expansion in mind. That said, 21,000 would still be a bigger stadium than both Bournemouth and Swansea currently have.. the later being an established premier league club these days and just a couple hundred below what Vicarage Road holds. If we reached the promised land I think a 21,000 stadium would be more than sufficient to begin with.

When will we get to see the actual plans submitted? Considering the amount of effort that went into the plans I'd assume they will be available soon.

Sherrif. What are your thoughts on the current situation?

They'll be available once they have been validated by the council, should be in the next week or so.

I was doing my weekly trip to the tip earlier and noticed more fencing going up, next to/adjoining the current fencing!

They'll be available once they have been validated by the council, should be in the next week or so.

Major applications need to be validated within 10 working days. Assuming it was submitted late on the Friday afternoon of the bank holiday weekend, I would say the 10th working day is next Monday (assuming it is a valid application, which with professionals driving the process and a previous scoping application shouldn't be an issue). Hopefully the plans will be up on the SBC website shortly after that.

I like the thinking, I really do. Most modern stadiums are built these days with expansion in mind. That said, 21,000 would still be a bigger stadium than both Bournemouth and Swansea currently have.. the later being an established premier league club these days and just a couple hundred below what Vicarage Road holds. If we reached the promised land I think a 21,000 stadium would be more than sufficient to begin with.

Yeah I think us ever needing 21,000 would take a miracle, to need to expand would take multiple miracles.

Lets face it, to need that we would need to be a Premiership side, and even if we were to make it there its highly unlikely we would need it more than a season or two.

Interesting to see that even Brighon whose stadium is only about 20 minutes old still needs 5 million spent on it for the Premiership for TV facilities etc.

Yeah I think us ever needing 21,000 would take a miracle, to need to expand would take multiple miracles.

Lets face it, to need that we would need to be a Premiership side, and even if we were to make it there its highly unlikely we would need it more than a season or two.

Interesting to see that even Brighon whose stadium is only about 20 minutes old still needs 5 million spent on it for the Premiership for TV facilities etc.

Couple of points here...

You'd be surprised (I think) at our ability to use the full capacity were we ever to grace the top flight - when assessing our true potential, I always draw parallels with Reading, and (perhaps less so) Swansea.
Both provincial clubs, both with similar sized homes, but in Reading's case also with a similar population, catchment, and a similar distance from the Capital. Both have successfully filled their respective grounds more often than not during their golden periods, and I am pretty confident we could do the same through a combination of good marketing and picking up a number of floating/armchair PL fans...something Southend has a wealth of.

Re. expansion potential - the fact the stadium is clad in residential does make matters a little more complicated in this regard. The usual method for expansion is to either extend the number of rows (and therefore the height and footprint of a stand), or, fill corners (which in this case is already done). I'd need to see the plans before making any informed judgement. As others have said...probably not a priority concern for us.

Re. tv facility costs - PL status does require some weird and wonderful things to be assured, such as dedicated/diverse cable routing (ducting) for broadcast cabling, certain commentary box standards to be implemented, numbers and types of press seating and associated facilities etc....it all adds up very quickly.

If we reached the top flight we could fill 21,000 indeed, but getting there would take the first miracle :) My point was our ability to stay in the top flight for any period of time would be remote to warrant much in the way of expansion beyond that.

As you say Reading and Swansea could be comparisons, Reading flirted with the top tier and are now getting 17k in the Championship.

If Swansea go down this year or next they will no doubt find they arent selling out each week either.

I assume this is around the row of shops in Victoria Avenue?

Looking at the apparently now updated plans on the Southend Council website, it shows an 'SUFC Training Facility' within the Rochford borough boundary. Since when was this building brought into the plans as I thought that the Rochford Application prevented such construction as it is Green Belt land. Perhaps we still do have to put in a revised application to RDC.

View attachment 4711

PS And do we still need CPOs on the fast food joints in Victoria Avenue?

not sure if this has been mentioned but the club crests on the fence/shuttering are now illuminated. Best fence in the world. Hopefully a stadium will follow in time.

Looking at the apparently now updated plans on the Southend Council website, it shows an 'SUFC Training Facility' within the Rochford borough boundary. Since when was this building brought into the plans as I thought that the Rochford Application prevented such construction as it is Green Belt land. Perhaps we still do have to put in a revised application to RDC.

View attachment 4711

Where did you see the updated plans? As far as I can tell they're not up yet

View attachment 4711

Sports facilities are often an exemption/relaxation on green belt areas; things such as golf courses etc cut across green belt issues regularly.
I can only guess that the training facility will be, in square yards - 90%+ grass - with a gym building block on site.

PS And do we still need CPOs on the fast food joints in Victoria Avenue?

Very possibly not as those shops were crucial for the access to Sainsburys. Now it is going to be purely housing, it may be they've worked round it.

Back