• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Very possibly not as those shops were crucial for the access to Sainsburys. Now it is going to be purely housing, it may be they've worked round it.

Would we really want them to remain. The whole parade is an eyesore at the moment apart from the delightful peice of artwork on the St Mary's end of course.

Would we really want them to remain. The whole parade is an eyesore at the moment apart from the delightful peice of artwork on the St Mary's end of course.

What we want may not come into it. As far as I know there are a couple of units that are refusing to budge. If there's no reason to CPO them aside from aesthetic ones, I can't see the council actioning it.

What we want may not come into it. As far as I know there are a couple of units that are refusing to budge. If there's no reason to CPO them aside from aesthetic ones, I can't see the council actioning it.

The council wont act on the cpo , till the people wanting the cpo put the cash with them to buy the units.

Echo reports in article on 675 houses planned for RH .
There is a quote from councilor , who is obviously not a fan of Ron, that the planning application for ff is in

Say the site is approx 200 x 300 yards, that's nearly 12.5 acres.
Ok the whole Roots Hall site including Stadium, car park, Prospects, shops & St Marys Court is just over 40,000 sq m that converts to 10 acres.
Well done to RobM for the first guess.

Echo reports in article on 675 houses planned for RH .
There is a quote from councilor , who is obviously not a fan of Ron, that the planning application for ff is in

Would be nice to be able to actually view the plans.

Bit of a concern that the Roots Hall site is not on the area action plan, could complicate things as it's a lot of housing.

Would be nice to be able to actually view the plans.

Bit of a concern that the Roots Hall site is not on the area action plan, could complicate things as it's a lot of housing.

Ron appears to be fighting to get it included, I assume that is because it would avoid the planning application being called in at a higher level if its already had Govt level approval as part of the Action plan.

Say the site is approx 200 x 300 yards, that's nearly 12.5 acres.

Very roughly measured it on a mapping site (ok map my run ...) and it comes up as 0.13 miles square that's 228 yds sq or 10.8 acres an that's the entire corner , shops flats and all.

given there are flats already on Vic ave, it may be ok to assume that there may well be similar in the plan, with houses behind

That should take care of 150 "dwellings " at least

Got to say there is one hell of a lot of housing going in across Southend right now. With all those new places down Vic Avenue and at the echo. Add to that the place in Sutton road and numerous flats along the London Road. I just wish we could match all this with a new road out of Southend. If Roots hall ever did get the go ahead, that is one busy area.

IF we ever get the new stadium. There is not a chance in hell I'd park anywhere near it.

The best option is southchurch and up or on off the industrial sites the other side of the proposed training ground near Sutton road.

Got to say there is one hell of a lot of housing going in across Southend right now. With all those new places down Vic Avenue and at the echo. Add to that the place in Sutton road and numerous flats along the London Road. I just wish we could match all this with a new road out of Southend. If Roots hall ever did get the go ahead, that is one busy area.

IF we ever get the new stadium. There is not a chance in hell I'd park anywhere near it.

The best option is southchurch and up or on off the industrial sites the other side of the proposed training ground near Sutton road.

The easiest and cheapest option would be to improve Warners bridge and link the Airport to Temple farm industrial estate around Southend rugby club. It Would relieve pressure on Sutton road on match days, make the retail centre and hotel more accessible from the Airport. Plus it would ease the pressure on the busy commuter routes on week days.

Ron appears to be fighting to get it included, I assume that is because it would avoid the planning application being called in at a higher level if its already had Govt level approval as part of the Action plan.

Ron should NOT need to do anything to get this included!
The Council MUST act in the interests of the whole Borough, not just those of their friends who are part of their plans. The Roots Hall and FF are substantial areas of the town, housing, economy, jobs etc: that the Council needing "a nudge" to include it is incomprehensible & might be smelling a little of corruption - a legacy from past SBC decisions?

The Council MUST act in the interests of the whole Borough, not just those of their friends who are part of their plans. The Roots Hall and FF are substantial areas of the town, housing, economy, jobs etc: that the Council needing "a nudge" to include it is incomprehensible & might be smelling a little of corruption - a legacy from past SBC decisions?

What is in the best interests of the whole borough though?

The area around Roots Hall is over populated as it is, just dumping hundreds of new homes into the area with no new schools, doctors surgeries etc may not be in the best interest. This is on top of a new development over the other side of the park next to the Saxon King thats already being built, plus however many flats etc being built in Victoria Avenue.

Dont forget that when this was drawn up there was no planning permission and we were effectively back to square one. Rightly or wrongly they have left this out of their plan and I have some sympathy for the council. They must be thoroughly fed up by now.

Back